Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ninay
My Device: blackberry 10z
Accepted Solution

How to set up gmail so all messages in the mailbox will appear in BB?

I'm having a problem with my sync gmail on BB Z10. For some reason only two or three last messages as shown in Hub-> Email.

Does someone know where should I look to fix it and see all my gmail messages volume?

Thank you in advance

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How to set up gmail so all messages in the mailbox will appear in BB?

Hello!

In the Account Settings wizard (Settings > Accounts > select account > Advanced) is a place where you specify the time range ("Sync Timeframe") for the BB to retrieve messages...the maximum is 30 days.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ninay

Thank you, but when I was trying to find "Advance" option in Settngs -> Accounts - > Gmail.

That's weird, i'm not an unexperienced user of software..

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ninay wrote:

Thank you, but when I was trying to find "Advance" option in Settngs -> Accounts - > Gmail.

That's weird, i'm not an unexperienced user of software..

Uhhh...sorry, but from those words, I can't tell if this worked or not for you....maybe you left out some words?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ninay

oops, sorry.

did not find "Advanced" option.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...odd...sorry to be basic, but right after you select the Gmail account and it brings up the "Edit Account" screen, at the bottom of your screen should be a black bar with two things to select -- "Advanced" and "Delete"...that's the "Advanced" button I'm directing you to...is that not there?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ninay

Nope, I see just "Delete" option..

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Strange indeed. So now I'd suggest you delete it, then re-add it, but be sure to use the Advanced configuration screen. During the add account process, where it offers you "Add Account" with 2 (maybe...it can vary by carrier) selections, with the first being "Email, Calendar and Contacts", instead of selecting that, press the bottom-screen "Advanced" button, and then select the GMail button. Be sure to use "m.google.com" for the "Server Address", "443" for the "Port", SSL ON, VPN OFF, and PUSH ON. "Sync Timeframe" you can choose (30 day maximum).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ninay

Thank you very much,  your help is appreciated! It worked!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates