Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Don_Prego
My Device: Device: Z-10, Class: 100-3, OS: 10.1.0.2019. Another Device: PlayBook 16GB.

How to turn off the Write-Protection mode on MicroSD memory card on Z10?

[ Edited ]

How to turn off the Write-Protection mode on MicroSD memory card on Z10?

Device: Z-10, Class: 100-3, OS: 10.1.0.2019

It's working right untill one day, without explanation, my Z10 use to save the camara photos in my SDmemory, but began a notification saying can't save photos on media card, can't edit all kind of documents, can't move or delete all kind of documents in my media card...  (Photos, Videos, Music, Documents, Ringtones, etc... )

In my house have the same problem in 3  Z-10 devices...

I tryed to format de media card in my computer but a notification said, Write Protection on...

I don't know what to do now...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Como apagar el modo de proteccion de escritura en la tarjeta de memoria SanDisk en mi Z-10?

Equipo: Z-10, Clase: 100-3, SO: 10.1.0.2019.

Estaba trabajando bien hasta que un dia, sin explicacion, mi Z-10 guardaba las fotos de la camara en la tarjeta de memoria, pero empeso a salir una notificacion que decia, No se puede guardar las fotos en la tarjeta. No me deja editar, guardar, renombrar, mover o borrar cualquier tipo de documento, sea foto, video, musica ni documentos...

En mi hogar hay 3 unidades Z-10 y tienen el mismo problema...  

Trate de formatear la tarjeta en mi PC pero me salio la notificacion de Proteccion de Escritura activada y no me dejo...

No se que hacer ahora!!!

Forums Advisor II
keithbergoff
My Device: Z10, 9800

Re: How to turn off the Write-Protection mode on MicroSD memory card on Z10?

Can the Z10 open files and pics on the media card ?.

Do the other 3 - Z10's have their own media cards or are using the same one ?.

My experience trying to write to a sd card in a pc:

I wanted to copy from a 16GB class 4 to a 32Gb Class 10 micro sd card, with the 16 in the Z10 and the 32 in the pc card reader with adapter and write protect switch in OFF position (to the front), pc reported card as write protected.

I then had to create a folder on the pc, copy to that, then put the 32GB card in the Z10 and copy from folder to Z10.

Either the card reader was pushing the write protect switch to the ON position on insertion and to the OFF on extraction or the card is software protected.

New Contributor
Don_Prego
My Device: Device: Z-10, Class: 100-3, OS: 10.1.0.2019. Another Device: PlayBook 16GB.

Yes, the Z10 open files and pics on the media card...

Yes, the 3 Z-10 has their own media card each other...

Since i buy this 3 media cards, I don't used in a PC, the 3 media cards are always inside the 3 Z-10...

I don't have media card reader for PC...

Forums Advisor II
keithbergoff

[ Edited ]

"I tryed to format de media card in my computer but a notification said, Write Protection on..." ???

Copy your files to a folder on the pc, then try to format the card via Z10 and not the pc.

New Contributor
Don_Prego

[ Edited ]

A friend borrowed me a card reader to format the media card on my PC just ones, yesterday...

I never use to use my media card or the other media cards on any PC, the 3 of them are always inside the Z10s...

Where can i format the card via Z10?

Forums Advisor II
keithbergoff

[ Edited ]

Home screen, swipe down, Settings, Storage and Access, Format Media Card.