Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
chuugokujin
My Device: Z10

Re: How to use Z10 as Wifi USB Adapter (NOT internet tethering)

Yes, if you turn off either Mobile Network or Data Service and then try to turn on Internet Tethering, it will require you to turn on both.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

chuugokujin wrote:

Yes, if you turn off either Mobile Network or Data Service and then try to turn on Internet Tethering, it will require you to turn on both.

Ok.... I can tell you this: I have an app called "Data Usage Counter" that counts you mobile data and your WiFi data in real time. And just to check on what you are saying, I connected the Z10 to my laptop and turn on the Internet Tethering. The flow of data was going thru the WiFi and NOT thru the mobile network, just as I thought. However, if you still have doubts, call your network providewr technical support and ask them too. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chuugokujin
My Device: Z10

I probably don't need the app as I am actually in IT field. I know how to tell the difference by checking the IP ranges, plus I am able to check my mobile data usage by login to my network provider's website, it clearly shows I used their data. Trust me on this, I wouldn't have come here to post if it had worked for me.

I guess I will just give up, or check someone else's Z10 see how theirs work in this case, if I'm lucky enough to find someone who uses Z10 :smileyhappy:

Thanks for your answering!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

Well, good luck to you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.