Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

How transfer all contacts from Z10 to MS Outlook in Windows 8

Hi everyone:

I would transfer all contact from my Z10 phone for my new laptop with Windows 8, I tried several times with BB Link (last version 10.1.0.273 software), but I never have successful, is very frustrating.

In others foros have comments about that you can´t read in MS Office 10, don´t have a data connect to have this option.

Please, if any people have a right procedure I´m very grateful.

King Regards.

Blascq

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: How transfer all contacts from Z10 to MS Outlook in Windows 8

Hello blascq, 

Sorry to hear about your issue. What happens when you try to do a sync? Are you getting a specific error message? Have a look at this blog post which may help you out. 

How to setup Contacts & Calendar sync using BlackBerry Link 1.1.1 for Windows

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

The blog does not help with exporting existing device contacts from Z10 to Outlook it does however help with syncing new contacts from device to Outlook or Outlook to device once the sync has been set up.

@blascq: I have been searching for an easy way to do this myself but here's what i ended up doing. Backup local contacts from Z10 to computer using BB Link; locate the Backup file on your computer (usually has a .bbb extension) and usa a blackberry backup extractor to extract the contacts and save them to your computer.

Once on your computer you can transfer them all to Outlook easily and the sync should do the rest if configured correctly. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok so i finally got BlackBerry Link to work both ways with both new and existing contacts and with 2 way transfer between Outlook and device.

1.First step of course is to set up Outlook on your computer and login to your Outlook connected email on your smartphone.

2. Then download and install the Outlook connector on your computer http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24677

3. Once you have that set up and have signed in, you will need to set up an Outlook data file

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/create-an-outlook-data-file-pst-to-save-your-informat... 

4. Restart Outlook on your computer then click on the Tools tab, clcik on Account Settings, click on Data Files and set either the new .pst file you created as default or your outlook email address as default. (For some weird reason, i had to create a new data file even though i do not use it with Link)

5. Finally you can follow the steps posted in the BlackBerry blog article up to step 7 under How to set up and synchronize your contacts and/or calendar data with Microsoft Outlook

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/06/how-to-setup-contacts-calendar-sync-using-blackberry-link-1-1...

Choose your preferred option for Sync Direction and Conflict Resolution then go to Folders to Sync; you should now see your email address and/or the .pst file you set as default in step 4. 

Once the folder has been selected your contact sync should work both ways without any hassle

Contributor
My Device: Z10; Q10; Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon; ATT

Hello: With regard to step 4 - under Data Files, I can see the new pst file I created and its location. However, under "file location" for my MSN Mail Server it says "Not Available". Does this mean I HAVE TO choose the new pst file I created? Thank you.
Regular Contributor

If you mean 'Not Available' under the filename then that is normal. Set your MSN email as default and you should be good to go