Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
MrThomas
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hub Management Settings bug

If you click on and drag up for example BBM without changing the toggle it will go off on it's own. I've attached a video so you can see what I'm talking about. You'll see in the video that I never once hit the toggle to turn them "Off" they are all set to "On". This only happens in the Hub Managment settings, here is a youtube video to show it happening

http://youtu.be/d8U6GdEDQN4

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Hub Management Settings bug

Interesting - and it definately happens in mine as well. Very odd. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I also had this type of thing happen to me in the Hub management. I had to go back about five times before the settings stayed where I set them. This is annoying, but eventually it will work.

I feel uneasy to go back and check it, because I will have to do a number of re-tries to make sure it works after!

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

The current workaround is to scroll using the titles for each section rather than the areas with switches, that seems to work for me. :smileyhappy:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ptdsb
My Carrier: Vodafone

This happens with me too. I set it the switches in the Hub Management, then go to the messages and back and they've changed - especially the text button and voice mail it seems. Is there a way round it? Can you explain what you mean? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

A way around it was posted right above your post in this thread, did you read the thread? :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ptdsb

Yes I did and beautifully written it was too:smileyhappy:

However, scrolling up and down makes no difference to the on/off switches on my phone so it doesn't solve the problem for me.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrThomas
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

A work around that I found to work 99% of the time is to actually turn the first account your finger touches on and off. Leaving it on off if you want it off or on if you want it on.

So for example you open hub management and you touch "Text Message" to scroll up once you release your finger, toggle it on and off leaving it in its original position it was in when you entered hub management. After you do this you can also make changes to any other account with everything saved as it should be when you go back. Additionally try to only touch and scroll only once.

If this isn't clear ill make another video just let me know.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ptdsb

Thanks. I'll try it later.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

There is no need for any extra toggling, simply scroll the screen using the blue title bars (messaging for example) and then toggle the switches you need to use as per normal.

This ensures no accidental switching. Works every time for me, and I have been using this method since Feb 6th.
Please use plain text.