If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
NielsB
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Hub in 10.1

Hi Blackberry,

Thanks for the update to 10.1.

I'm especially focused on the hub. The hub is the heart of communication in the new OS10. With the hub, Blackberry has an UPS. But to be unique, it has to be perfect. It was the hub that made me choose BB again, after 9000/9700/9900.

There is a lot better in the hub in OS10.1.
When I miss a phone-call and I want to send a text-message to the caller, this is possible in OS10.1 by holding down the item in the hub. I can also call back by holding down the item in the hub. This really helps a lot!! Thanks!

You also got the pin messaging, WhatsApp is separated from Notifications, great!

But I want to mention a couple of things that need your attention.

1. When I want to call someone who sent me a sms-message, I can choose
"view contact" when I hold down the item in the hub-list. This only happens when the contact has a card in my address-book. No direct calling, but still good.
But when the sms-sender is not in my address-book, I get the "call-" and "send text message-" icon when I hold down the item. When I choose one of these, I get a system failure.

1. When I want to call a contact with who I am having a BBM-chat. Holding down the item in the hub-list only gives me the "select more"-icon. When I want to call the contact from the hub, I first have to open the chat, push the avatar, open the contact-card and then I can choose a phone-number. These are to many steps.

3. When I want to call a Whatsapp-contact from the hub-list, holding down the item only gives me the "Mark Unread-" icon. When I open the chat and push the top-bar with the name, it gives me a dull-looking contact card from which I can choose nothing.

4. When I want to call someone who sent me an e-mail, I get the "call"-icon (and "send text message"-icon) only when I have replied the email. When I have not sent a reply, or the sender is not in my address-book I get the "Send text message"-icon, but no information is transfered to the sms-app.

5. It would be nice if also Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin contacts could be contacted from the hub, when the information of the contact is available in the Z10.

So the communication features in the hub are not consequent and not complete. In OS 7.0 these features were very consequent and clear. Please get these on par.

Best, Niels

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
NielsB
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: Hub in 10.1

How can I communicate my issues with Blackberry? Does Blackberry read these forums?

Please use plain text.