Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Hub shows 1 voice mail message when no voice mail messages are in left in the system

[ Edited ]

At first when I came across this, I did the typical restart process. Okay...it still showed one voicemail even though I had already deleted/cleared out my voicemails but still did not fix the issue. Finally saw the known issue at:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB33746&sliceId=2&cm...

So...for any BlackBerry insiders, do you have a rough ETA? Perhaps in the next OS update?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Hub shows 1 voice mail message when no voice mail messages are in left in the system

I have not seen the fix for this yet, the only way to get rid it of it is to do a factory restore with BB link and start from scratch.. Mine appeared the first day and once I did a factory restore, it has not appeared again for the last month and half. 

Contributor

Re: Hub shows 1 voice mail message when no voice mail messages are in left in the system

I was thinking of doing that as well but was leaving it as the last option. Hopefully...If I do do it, the problem won't reappear. I also bought the PlayBook since launch as I've done with the Z10 and I'm hoping certain apps that I've installed on the Z10 isn't the culprit like in the PlayBook where certain bugs show up and the pain of reinstalling one at a time to see which app caused the issue must be performed. 

Also...in doing a full backup first before restoring via BlackBerry Link, wouldn't that just restore the voicemail showing 1 message again since I'm restoring a backup of everything including the aforementioned issue?

Or did you a do a complete wipe, with no restore and reinstallation of all settings, email, twitter, facebook, LinkedIn accounts and apps via "My World"  in BlackBerry World.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

The system restore is the best option. I also found it downloaded the latest updates and all minor bugs went away. Also use the z10 and PlayBook, make sure you use a different BlackBerry I'd on the PlayBook so you can video chat to each other. Plus. The down loaded apps won't show up in my world. After restore you can download all your apps through BlackBerry world.
Contributor

Thanks for tips especially regarding using different BBIDs on PlayBook.