If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
n_gandhi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: du (UAE)

Hub unable to set up a specific Gmail ID (Authentication problem)

Hello!

I'm having a problem setting up my gmail account for getting email through the Blackberry Hub. It keeps giving me an error message - something about the username/password being incorrect and it failing to authenticate. 

I've double checked the login details and tried to add the account many times now, but I keep getting the same error message. 

The account works perfectly fine through my computer browser or another device (and even my old Blackberry Bold 9000 when it had the data package)... I even tried another setting up another Gmail ID and that set up successfully. Also, I have a custom Google Apps paid account for my company domain, and that works perfectly fine too.

Could someone please help me out... I never knew setting up email on my Z10 would have such complications... I would really appreciate the help to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Hub unable to set up a specific Gmail ID (Authentication problem)

Try this: log in to Gmail on the web. Click your name in the top-right corner, then Account, then Security. Turn 2-step verification OFF.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
n_gandhi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: du (UAE)

[ Edited ]

Oh I forgot to mention that... I have never used it till now... so it was already OFF. 

Can anyone else having a probable solution reply please? 

Please use plain text.
bsub
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

no problem when i use hotmail instead of exchange or gmail, but with the m.google.com server adress
Please use plain text.