Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

sergioms
My Device: Z10

I am unable to fully connect to a wireless hot spot with Z10

I am unable to fully connect to a wireless hot spot at work with my z10. We use Cisco access points. Once connected to the AP, users are redirected to https://2.2.2.2/login.html this page allows users to type a username and password and then click a button to gain full Internet access. Using the  z10 to connect to the AP  redirects me to the secure page but then throws the error:

"Site Identity Not Verifiable"

I then select Expand to continue and am able to add the site as an exception but then I get asecond error:

"Unknown network error 3RFINA".

I believe it's most likely due to the self-signed cert that the AP is using to secure the http traffic. I use to see this issue on my previous blackberry devices and playbook prior to some recent OS updates, but I am not sure what the exact fix was.  If you try to accept the error and there no prompt to install the cert as seen on my previous devices.

I am able to connect to the same AP with my laptop, Playbook, and Bold 9900, iPod and android devices without issue. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas? Since the AP is not mine I am really looking for a transparent client-side solution.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
effduca

Re: I am unable to fully connect to a wireless hot spot with Z10

Same here...
I guess the problem is invalid certificate in web authlogin page.
Even when I add a excepetion, I still geting this same error 3RFINA.
I remember when I had Android 1.6 I receive similar error, but when upgraded to 2.1 the errors was gone and I was able to authenticate in wifi connection here in that government build.
Now, when I came to BB Z10, I a kind of disapointed to get same error. I now its concern by security and the guilty in that history probably is IT who admin this network for using a invalid certificate (the validation date appears in browser is a kind of funny... says its valid from 2027 to 2039)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcipolini
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I have the same problem, I need to enter a site https:, the certificate is valid and works on my notebook, android tablet, and it worked fine on my previous Blackberry 9380, but does not work on my BB Z10 appearing "Unknown network error 3RFINA" . Is there any solution?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
effduca

When I install any android browser, I can pass by checkin page from this wifi network.

No one browser app from bb I've tested, I got sucess.

Please use plain text.