Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Rogers

I can't seem to add my hotmail using the advanced set up on my new Z10

When I go to add an account using the advanced setup (selecting the hotmail icon), the phone keeps telling me my login information is incorrect.  I can login to hotmail without any difficulties on my playbook and laptop.  What am I doing wrong?

All Replies
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I can't seem to add my hotmail using the advanced set up on my new Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From my experience, it should not require the use of the Advanced screens to integrate Hotmail...I allowed the wizard to do it all and the result was correct full PUSH EAS. However, I've since discovered a synchronization delay problem, especially for contacts...and I've removed the PUSH capability in favor of 15 minute polling...and things are now synchronizing just fine. But, I digress...

The problem must be somehow the credentials...any special characters, case sensitivity, etc, in the ID or password? It should work very quick and easy...

What about other accounts...do they integrate OK?

Good luck and let us know!

Special through 31-Oct-2015 -- 10% Discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

1.  If you are not having this problem, don't respond.

2.  If you can't contribute to a solution, don't respond.

3.  If you are unsure of 1 and 2 abouve, don't respond.

4.  If you are expereincing THIS issue, or can suggest a solution to THIS problem, we would like to hear from you.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm2

I found this problem was caused by the Microsoft Live Account "2-step verification process" (which is optional). I only discovered this after I had to log back into my Live account on the PC, and (silly me) decided I should opt for the 2-step verification process. 

Using your computer:

1. log into your Microsoft Live Services Account

2. select Security Info

3. switch off the two-step verification process

Now go back to your Blackberry, set up your Live account with your email address and password by selecting Accounts /  Add Account / Email, Calendar and Contacts / <youremail_address

Once it has connected, select AccountsEdit Account / Advanced / check "Push" (or go for Sync), and note that you can select or deselect the option "Download Messages While Roaming"

Worked for me on BBZ10. Hope that helps somebody else.