Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Hsprung
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

I cannot connect my Z10 to BlackBerry Link anymore.

I haven't had a problem until just the other day, but now my Z10 is not recognized by BlackBerry Link. I have deleted and reinstalled Link 3 times including the new 1.2 update. I have also reset my phone twice and have tried two USB cables for BlackBerry and tried all three USB ports on my computer. On my phone, when I plug it into my computer a pop up box appears on my phone and tells me it is connected to the computer but the computer still does not recognize it. It will sync via wifi but that is all. Now a pop up box appears on my computer and says "Hardware ID Missing - Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the USB composite device. For assistance please contact the hardware manufacturer"
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

Re: I cannot connect my Z10 to BlackBerry Link anymore.

I hope you have tried restarting your device. Further try and change the connection settings in the "Storage and Acces" to connect to Windows and check if it solves your issue

Try connecting the Z10 on another computer. If it does, you will have to delete the blackberry drivers on your computer and reinstall them.
Try deleting blackberry drivers and reinstalling them.
1. Uninstall BB Link and BB Desktop Manager if you have it.
2. Check if all drivers are deleted by following this http://www.ehow.com/how_8287066_remove-blackberry-drivers-windows-7.html
3. Restart computer and Reinstall BB Link. Restart computer again.
4. Restart your device so that no issues are on your device. Reconnect the device to the computer.

If the device is not able to connect on another computer, it is most likely a bad USB port.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
Hsprung

Thank you very much. I followed your directions and got her going again. I appreciate your time and knowledge - Cheers :smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

So which part solved the issue?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
New Contributor
Hsprung

Prior to posting my question I had already tried resetting my device and uninstalling BB Link, as well as adjusting the "storage and access" setting to "Windows" as well as leaving it at "automatic". Those didn't help, and I did not know about drivers. When I deleted the drivers and then reinstalled the BB Link it finally recognized my Z10 again. Thanks again.