Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I hate the BB Z 10

GoDaddy doesn't completely yet. So, while many do, GoDaddy being a major provider, does not.

Anyway, my point is that just because the Z10 is capable of push, it's takes two to tango on this feature.

Additionally, POP email doesn't push. And there's lots of users out there on POP.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Hi JSanders,

You're right, it takes two to tango and the BB10 + godaddy don't tango any more, however, they used to. I have had godaddy email accounts for over ten years and was loyal to BB since I got my first pearl, then a bold, then a storm, then a torch, then the new bold and during all that time goddady + BB used to tango, my emails reached me instantly and that was the reason I preferred BB over iphone or android.

I've had the Z10 for only two days and it has been a nighmare, my emails take minutes to reach me unless I spend the day refreshing. I really miss my old 9900 which worked like a charm, I spent more money upgrading my email plans with godaddy to support push email (none of this was needed before) without any luck.

The phone is ok but to me it isn't a BB anymore. I'm not obsessed with emails, simply emails are crucial for my business. Anyways, there are times when two can't stay together any longer and for me the time has come when I leave BB and godaddy, but for my misery I'll have to wait 18 months.

FYI in Mexico the Z10 costs almost $1,000.00 US Dollars. With an 18 month contract I paid $700.00 USD for one. I got six of them for me and my assistants and there's no way to return them unless they are defective (in my opinion they are) and in that case they would be replaced with another Z10.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

You can change your godaddy account to a hosted exchange account and your godaddy email should be able to push mail to your blackberry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.

ukmight wrote:

You can change your godaddy account to a hosted exchange account and your godaddy email should be able to push mail to your blackberry

That's one solution... costs a bit more, but will work.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

you end up saving the cost for BIS subscription. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.

Well, not always.

For instance, on Verizon (the largest carrier in the US) there is no difference in cost.

It varies from mobile provider to mobile provider.

anyways, my point is that we can't say flatly that "the Z10 has push support so your emails should push", that is not 100% the case and will vary according to the email server type and setup and server allowances on push if IMAP idle is present.

Just like we can't say not having BIS will save money... it does for some. i don't know about Telcel in Mexico.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Well, I guess I can upgrade my godaddy email accounts a even more, I mean spend some more money... but in the end doing all of that I wouldn't have any reason to stay loyal to BB. BB used to work for me, now it doesn't so I look for another option next time. I just regret I didn't know all of this three days ago. My fault.

Contributor
My Device: Z-10

Forgive my ignorance, what is push email? I get all my emails pretty much instantly.

"Push" is where the email server "pushes" your mail to your device instantly, without the device "polling" for the email.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: z 10

how to save file of my contacts in sd card?