Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

I just want to say Goodbye BlackBerry !

[ Edited ]

Hello all, :smileyfrustrated:

It saddens me that after being a loyal BlackBerry user since Day 1 that I have to cut my ties.  I have tried everything in my power to not only support BB but promote it and be there for them in the tough times as they are a Canadian Company and I am a Canadian.

I have gave this a lot of thought and effort in the 10 days I have had the z10.  the Desktop Outlook sync was the deal breaker.   I did not give in easliy if you follow my posts.  I have tried everything from beginiing to end.

There was a little success in the fact the BB went from not caring about the Sync issue to now they will offer it later this year.  I cannot trust it will be fully functional or that this will even happen .  With everything that has happened I ended up buying my first Samsung and it was an eye opener.   I feel I have been in a bad marriage and abused over the last year now.

Here is a list of what my last 9 Days went into:

1.  Trying to configure the phone and where the sync feature is:
  2. Joining htis forum to find out that the Desktop Sync was not supported  
  3.  Purchasing Companion Link / Deja Office as they did not indicate at that time that the Newz10 was not supported to sync my Outlook.
  4.  Contacting BB at all levels , The experience itself was nice but the answer was later this year and there is no start Date.
  5. I decided  to help and signed up to be a Beta Tester if I am going to keep this phone.
  6. I am not supposed to have my Contacts on the Cloud so I purchased a Samsung Note II .  It worled beautifully with the Outlook .  ALthough I rather not have a 3rd party app and use my old Desktop Manager.  This phone is also a different phone number and now I have to carry 2 phones.
  7. I tried to use the Outlook.com.  My Database is too large and was rejected,
  8.  I signed up with Rackspace only to find out you need a domain.  I am a contractor for several domains that I do not own. I only need my Calander, Contacts, Tasks, Note and journal synced.,  They gave me a refund.  This was last night
  9. I signed up for Google.  New users need to have a business account with google apps to do the full Google Sync as of Jan. 2013.
    1.  I spent all morning, this is not a simple feat and not practical for an individual that needs more then Contacts and a Calander.
  10.  I had an a Epiphany this afternoon! 

In the end this Z10 has made me obsessed with  trying to make it work whilst I had the solution in my other hand.  Why was I putting in such an effort ?   I really do not know.  Even now as I right this , I feel betrayed  and yet I hope someone in the Company reads this and it helps others.  It is too late to help me.

It is amazing really how we all can be so loyal to a Company isn't it ?   I feel like we are all family.   

I think I am done now.  I wish all the best to you all.  I will be around for a few more Days but it is Good bye and I will fade away.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
jimstilgoe
My Device: z10

Re: I just want to say Goodbye BlackBerry !

I'm with you on the saying goodbye!

I've gone fron having an old BB 9780 which worked perfectly to "upgrading" to a phone that doesnt work for a business user on soooo many levels.

I'm reverting back to the old BB for a couple of months then will look at changing platforms.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

good luck with privacy with android

http://www.zdnet.com/google-play-privacy-slip-up-sends-app-buyers-personal-details-to-developers-700...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
SurveySoft
My Device: Z10, 9530, PlayBook

And with iOS giving out your information as well.

knottyrope wrote:

good luck with privacy with android

http://www.zdnet.com/google-play-privacy-slip-up-sends-app-buyers-personal-details-to-developers-700...

Contributor
sebstarr3

i'll admit.. i've been a bb fan from day one.. but I am getting tired of beig a guinea pig and  am questioning my decision to "upgrade" from my 9900 which actualliy worked for me instead of me working for it.

Whenever i find something wrong all i see is the now classic BB response " it's coming"

when? when?  the fix, the OS update, the apps.. so tiring.

btw.. playbook. same thing

it saddens me to see that i even wrote that :smileysad:

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

The Blackberry product is the number one for quality, construction, and for security.

As for syncing, there is a procedure to sync MS Outlook with Hotmail. Then you sync the phone to Hotmail. When a change is made in any one of the three entities, the change will reflect through to the balance.

The process is involved for me to post here. If you do a web search, about how to sync MS Outlook to Hotmail, you will find instructions. You will have to download the small Windows program from Microsoft. It is free. You simply install it on you PC. You then set up MS Outlook to read your Hotmail account. Then set the phone up to sync with Hotmail.

Once you have a Contact folder in Outlook that is synced, it is easy to get the other Outlook folders to have a copy.

There are also other processes that involve making an export file with Outlook, and then importing it in to Hotmail. This is a lot more complicated.

Do some research, and this should all work out okay...

Jerry G.
New Contributor
jimstilgoe

Privacy certainly is high on thier list.. to the extent that BB is non compatable with BTinternet accounts....

So no one, not even me, can retrieve my emails from this untrailed phone...

I can see why they've not released it on the US market yet!!

Contributor
XBetadogX

good luck andrew and thanks for the help ober the last week. Ill be here trudging away.  I love my new z10 sync not a huge issue for me personaly but is for my company so at this point BB is loosing out on selling 50 more units . But i will sit and watch and hope.

Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

Re: I just want to say Goodbye BlackBerry 10 !

I think You forgot to mention that Call Identification  doesnt work like other phone i.e +123 12345678 with the New BB10 you have to remove +123 , so if you have 1000 contacts and each has 3 numbers thats +123  removed 3000 times BYE BYE BLACK BERRY