Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: IMEI block of Z10

scrannel wrote:

the Z10 was not designed to run BIS and perhaps could cause issues. 

Very true.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
aboudy6969
My Device: bold

good morning i have one year with my blackberry z10 imei blocked it was stoled from me i reported then i could recuperate but it was already blocked movistar told me than they cant do anything i baught it with my credit card everything is on my name i just want to help me unblock it please i live in venezuela plzzzz ill be gradfull thx

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

If you mean you reported it stolen to your carrier, then somehow got the phone back, and your carrier will not unblock it... from what I understand your carrier should unblock it if you can truly prove it's your phone.  That's my understanding.  Is it an unlocked phone or branded to your carrier?

New Contributor
aboudy6969

yea i had a call and they told me that they have my phone so i got it back but it was blocked because i called to blocked it after it was stolen but i went to movistar and they told me that rim had blocked it and that they can do anything because they dont have contact with them and here in venezuela they dont have concat with anything  i have my bill my case they have all the information they need of me because i baught it with my credit card but i couldnt do anything and i was reading and their s alot of case like mine and the only one who can resolve it is blackberry so plz ican give you all the information you need if you can help me because i have everything that prove that its my phone 

scrannel wrote:

If you mean you reported it stolen to your carrier, then somehow got the phone back, and your carrier will not unblock it... from what I understand your carrier should unblock it if you can truly prove it's your phone.  That's my understanding.  Is it an unlocked phone or branded to your carrier?

Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

We are a group of volunteers.  Not officially associated with RIM.  Someone else here may offer a better perspective, but my understanding is the carrier has to unblock the phone, that is it was not blocked by RIM, but by your carrier.  Is it a movistar branded phone or is it SIM unlocked?  Because if it is SIM unlocked, you might try another SIM (another carrier) and it may work.  One of the big problems in the USA used to be, you could block a stolen phone on a USA carrier and it would still work overseas.  That's because the carriers did not share this info.  Though now, I believe they do.   But in any case, that should be proof enough to your carrier that RIM has not universally blocked your phone.  Movistar did. 

New Contributor
aboudy6969

ah ok thx anyway yea i think that my phone was universaly blocked from rim amd my carrier told me to try to get in contact with them because they are the only one who can unblock it and i saw many cases resolved but i need a contact an email phone something otherwise here they cant do anything for me
New Contributor
aboudy6969

on my screen say pin dispositve blovked with the number of imei and i cant use it i tried to change sim and nothing
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

RIM did not block your phone.  Your carrier did.  They are not giving you correct information.  However, another question: have you in anyway made an insurance claim on the phone when it was lost? 

New Contributor
aboudy6969

i called and i blocked and i call back to unblock it i went to 15 office of my carrier and all told me the same thing they opened a case and send it to rim and no answer i really dont know what to do
JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I agree with scrannel, if Movistar blocked it, they will need to unblock it.

If they are telling your to speak with BlackBerry, then Movistar will need to transfer your call to BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code