Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
eliepc
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Important steps required ASAP for smooth transition from Iphone to Z10 !!!!

Guys I'm an IPhone user since 2007. I wanted to give the Z10 a chance because I like the OS and I am a shareholder as well. If you want to be successful in getting new users from Apple, please take my points into consideration:
- I see there's a way to transfer your media to the Z10. Good and that's easy.
- There's a way to transfer your contacts that reside locally on Iphone, not as simple but can be done.
- I ask you to have a  tool ASAP to help people transfer their text messages conversations as well as the Notes  from the Iphone.  That's really  important and all this should’ve been available before launch to provide the new user with a smooth transition making him happy and therefore talk about it to his friends and famil. And what better way for free marketing then the word of mouth..

- Phone is great but believe me and you know that, the normal guy who you desperately need to bring over ( whether he defected a while ago and went to Iphone/Android or the one that has a different device and excited about trying a new technology)  will want apps at least the ones he is used to and been using for a while. I'm not talking about games and stupid apps but those that are quite important  for example: Whatsapp, Skype, Viber etc... Just Google this and you will notice the frustration of people that bought the Z10 and now trying to sideload these because they’re not available.. 
- Facebook is on the Z10. Thank God, but it's essential to make the Chat section available.. You should not have to open a Webpage to see the ugly chat area there.

These are a few points regarding a smooth transition. As I'm a UIS software developer for over 10 years, later  I will talk about the OS, GUI, bugs, things to improve and UIS actions that should be done without extra steps . I hope you succeed and wish you all the best. There's still lot of work and room for improvement. If you want to compete in this market, you have to excel and make things even better than the competitors. So keep working hard and stay focused.  :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Elie

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eliepc

Re: Important steps required ASAP for smooth transition from Iphone to Z10 !!!!

[ Edited ]

Ok, here are a few necessary enhancements and if some already exist, they're not easily accessible.

Remember, anything that makes the experience for the user coming from Android or Iphone easy and simple is a must.

1- Alarm settings: should be able to set more than one alarm. E.g:  8AM, 10:30AM, 5PM, 10PM etc..

2- The internet browser should have a kind of refresh button on the same line as the address field. Should not require a 2 step to access the Reload button.

3-  In Text messages, and this is extremely important to fix. The backspace push button should not be right above the Send button. Many times I've sent incomplete msg when trying to backspace to correct a word. If it can be placed where the smileys drop down box that would be great.

I will add more later on.

Cheers,

Elie

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eliepc

I’m new to BBM but I already found a couple of issues that I want to list here. I do hope that someone from Blackberry will read this:

1- By mistake, I deleted a group chat because I pressed a couple of times unintentionally on the vertical 3 dots. So the “End Chat” button was invoked and I lost everything.  Change the location of the button to not be at same X position as the dots that display the menu.

2- The menu item “Move contact to category” is not fully displayed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kinetic8
My Device: z 10
My Carrier: starhub

Sent messages by accident many times while trying to hit the backspace key... Needs to relocate the send button.
Please use plain text.