Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
thedoctorita
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Improvements suggestion

Hi, 

I have a z10 and I'm a bit confused about few things.. that I can't really understand.

I would like to write here something that I think the BB10 really miss, maybe somebody of BlackBerry will read and will tell me: "don't worry we are working on it".

I think that the BB10 miss few things as:

- the possibility to set multi alarms

- a voice recorder......

- I find incredible that i have all the time to go in the settings to modify the notifications volume.. isn't it possibile to allow its modification with the lateral keys? Now you can use them to modify the master volume but wouldn't be better to allow them to modify the master volume when you are in a multimedia app and the notifications volume as default?

- I think there are still few problems with gmail.. if I set in the hub to syncronize the sent emails, if I send an email from the computer it doesn't appear in the hub.. boh

- isn't it possible to have more than 10 notifications tone? 

- an implementation of the battery percentage indicator in the notification bar wouldn't be so bad

- I think you should push a bit more the facebook and yourube developers to do something better with their apps.. the youtube one especially.. as it just send you to the mobile website..

- I thought you would have released the BB10 with all your own application ready to support it. I don't understand how is it possible that BlackBerry Travel is not yet supported.

These are only few things that come to my mind... but I could find more..

Sorry for this post and most of all my bad english.. but it's a bit frustrating, sometimes, this situation.

I really appreciate the effort you are doing with this OS but sometimes I fell as we all are beta tester (the z10 owners) that are testing the OS for the next BB smatphones.

Have a nice day.

Marco

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thedoctorita

Re: Improvements suggestion

And it is neither possible to set a sync period for the email.. like the emails I received in the last 1,2,6 month 1 year.. I don't know... 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There is a voice recorder. It's covered here, using the side mute key to open the recorder: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

There are many Z10 capable rintones uploaded to this box account, you are welcome to download and use. https://www.box.com/z10ringtones

Get a third party battery app in AppWorld, some are free. The best is Battery Guru.

So, not that "they're working on it", for some of your needs, you've just missed what's already there.

Good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders

thedoctorita wrote:

And it is neither possible to set a sync period for the email.. like the emails I received in the last 1,2,6 month 1 year.. I don't know... 

For now, you can set only the past 30 days as the maximum, or less. I understand that will be increasing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thedoctorita

[ Edited ]

I already downloaded a free third party app for the battery (also because I don't want to spend money for evth) but i think it should be a default option, I don't want to be obliged to download an app when it should be an easy improvement.
Also the ringtones.. on the BB7 there were plenty of them.. was it so hard to do the same on the BB10? Should I always find another way to complicate my life?
I pay 700€ to buy a smartphone.. I pretend something more, don't you think so?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Thanks for your suggestions. I've offered you several valid helps.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thedoctorita

tanks to you for your tips anyway, I appreciate your help

anyway there's a free app for the battery called BX Battery

and for the voice recorder I found the app in the app Remember, maybe would be nicer have a shortcut on the desktop.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
androuwaheeb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi.

I have a few suggestions myself after using the device and being a blackberry fan.

1. The ability to change the shortcuts at the bottom of the home page that are automatically set to phone calendar and camera or add more. I would like phone, bbm,search,browser

2. It would be nice to pin those 'widgets' in the home page so if you turn off the phone or what not you still have them running.

3. It would be nice if the phone could recognize called numbers in all formats ex. +1 (111) 1111-1111, (111)11111111, 11111111111, 111 1111 1111. As currently it doesn't.

4. Multi alarm

5. The ability to switch between profiles quickly and easily.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

thedoctorita wrote:

and for the voice recorder I found the app in the app Remember, maybe would be nicer have a shortcut on the desktop.

You can press and hold the side MUTE key (between the up/down volume keys) for about three seconds to activate the voice recorder for notes, search or whatever. Try it out!

Oh, and there are gobs of good tips collected here (which includes the one above):

Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

androuwaheeb wrote:

4. Multi alarm

5. The ability to switch between profiles quickly and easily.

#2, if you turn off the phone, nothing is running. :smileywink:

#4  Available now in OS10.1

#5  Available now to quick switch between the normal profile and the last used (vibrate or silent) profile by opening settings > and touch ONLY the notification icon (not the text).

You can also get the third party app Settings Shortcut on Homescreen to create shortcuts your most used settings of the 34 available.

I also suggest you read and review the Tips and Tricks post linked in the prior post.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.