Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: In-car bluetooth not working properly after 10.1 update

scrannel

You will not believe this but I have now managed to get it working, not sure how or why it is working but I'm not that bothered so as long as it works.

I wiped the phone last night completely with a security wipe, and reinstalled my data. I then rest the Bluetooth system in my command system on the mercedes, Had to go through the Engineering Menu to do this. I reinitialised the BT system in the car and went through the pairing process again.

This time when I paired to the car, I checked the deivce options on the z10 again, this time I had the option to turn Hands Free Calling on or off. It hasn't been present for the last week and a half.

Now that the option is showing the z10 connects first time.

For the life of me I cannot see any changes on the handset, I've reset the cars bluetooth 3 times in total now.

All I can say is it took me hours to wipe the phone and get it working again.

Stu

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

stumcqueen,

Fist, congratulation on beating the odds. The only thing I can think of is the last update was not "perfect". For example, I'm on T-Mo usa and quite a few people experienced failure of the wifi-calling install when they upgraded to the latest carrier pushed OS. The remedy was to reinstall the OS. So, sometimes there can be a glitch when an OS is installed. The fact that you were not getting the BT pairing options menu until after the wipe suggests this. Good work!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have had the same issue. The symptoms are as described - OS versions up to 10.2.0.1803 work just fine. After updating to 10.2.1.2102 MB COMAND pairs and connects but after switching off the car or the phone it won't reconnect. I have resolved it by going back to OS 10.2.0.1803, applied the backup and it workes fine again. 

This clearly indicates this is related to the new OS. 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I'm a Z10 user. I haven't really had any issues with the phone until the newest software update - 10.2.1.537.

While driving I generally sync my phone with my Jabra Cruiser 2. I can still sync with the Jabra for handsfree calling. However the Audio Streaming now, 95% of the time will not activate. Even when I go into the bluetooth tab, click on the device/ device details. The Audio Streaming is turned on, I've tried toggling this from on to off and back on. I've tried turning on Airplane mode and then shutting it off. Nothing resolves this issue.

I use this invaluable feature in the car driving - while running my GPS/ Map software - Waze. For the past 8+ months this program and the Z10 + Jabra Crusier have paired and worked lawlessly, sending updates + alerts to my Jabra, so I can still listen to the raido (in car) while driving.... Ever since the Z10 OS - 10.2.1.537 update, the devices no longer pair. Occasionally randomly , maybe on 3-5 occasions since this update, have the devices sucessfully paired - 3/4 of the way through my 50-70min commute.

If anyone has any input, advice or suggestions how to resolve this issue - I would greatly appreciate your input/ feedback.

Thanks in Advance.

Forums Advisor II

Have you tried a deleting your BT profile and reinstalling? With it "sometimes" working sounds like it should -- in other words, it does not sound like an incompatibility issue. If nothing else works you might want to try a security wipe. But others here may have another idea.
New Contributor

Actually I have, I've uninstalled the waze app also, reinstalled... It's extremely frustrating. I'll give it another go and let you know if there's any change. Fingers crossed.

New Contributor

It appears to be working again. I did all of this before, worked for the drive home and then stopped working. If it happens again, I'll try the BT profile removal and pairing again... Thanks scrannel
Forums Advisor II

Cool. Yes, please keep us informed.