Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Revival of Bluetooth problems after yesterdays 10.2.1.537 update

after yesterdays 10.2.1.537 update the problem got worse again like with the first 10.1 versions discussed in this thread - bluetooth pairing works, device is connected but does not react/work when i try to make a call or receive one (detailed information in my last message in this thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/In-car-bluetooth-not-working-properly-after-10...

does anybody else have the same problems? thanks in advance for reading and commenting.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Revival of Bluetooth problems after yesterdays 10.2.1.537 update

[ Edited ]

Yes Ingomar, I have a similarly frustrating problem. The connection with the Merecedes bluetooth in my car is not working properly after this update installed on my Z10.  I can get the initial pairing to work but when I switch off the ignition and then on again and expect the phone to reconnect, it fails to do so. Come on Blackberry this isn't good enough! My old Bold phone worked without any problems. I upgrade to the new Z10 smartphone and I have wasted hours just trying to get it to connect. What is going on? This is a really basic function that should have been well tested before you released the update. Now I see this is a recurring problem with Blackberry. I wish I had known this before I decided to stay with Blackberry rather than try another phone manufacturer. Reading previous posts how can Blackberry allow this to go unresolved for so long. Just not good enough!

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800

Re: In-car bluetooth not working properly after 10.1 update

My z10 works correctly with the new software update, even after my z10 was connected to my BT headphones or BT keyboard, it always auto connect to the car radio.
Music auto plays when I change source to 'BlackBerry audio'.
One feature I miss is, sms's been displayed on the radios screen which was possible with an old Sony Ericsson.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

1) The first thing to do is go on car's website and see if the Z10 is listed as compatible. If it is not, then it's difficult to blame the phone. All phone manufacturers make any new products available for testing and it's up to the car companies to decide what they will test and -- even if they do -- what they will make work.

2) Even if it is not listed as compatible, there is a very good chance there is a leaked OS that will make it work. If I were in that situation I would go on the leak/beta thread on Crackberry forum and ask around.

3) If your phone is listed as compatible, and it was working, only to get "killed" by an (official) update, then that should not have happened. However, another thing to do is check on your car's website (and with your dealer) to see if there are any updates due to the car's BT system. These usually come out on a regular basis because of new phones etc. that come on the market.

4) Make sure with the new OS update that the method of pairing might not have changed. Same with a car BT update. I just had a BT update on my late model Range (to allow pairing of more, new phones) and it took the dealer and me some time to figure that there was a new method of pairing.

5) If your phone was compatible and you loaded a leak which "killed" it, you probably have the option of going back to the official OS.

Also, have a look at this (users sorting MB issues, but may work for others):  http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/still-having-bluetooth-connectivity-issues-mer...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Forgive the simple question, but have you verified that the phone's Handsfree Calling setting is set to ON on the Device Details options page for your car?  (Go to Bluetooth, long press your car under the Devices until the right sidebar pops up and then select the Options menu Item).

Wondering if that might default to off with the update.  Audio Streaming is a separate option which might explain why one works and the other doesn't.

My Device: Z30

I have the same problem. I have Z30 and recently updated to 10.2.1.537. Since then, I am having problem with connecting to my car through bluetooth. The handsfree calling and Audio are both set to ON. The Audio part for media streaming always connects but the Phone Bluetooth connection will not connect unless I restart the phone at which point it does connect and works properly. The problem reoccur every time I leave the car.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800

My experience, settings do not change after update. Have you tried to reset the radio to factory settings ?.
Forums Advisor II

If you follow the link I posted above from the Crackberry forum you may find some ideas that will help.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630 and Playbook

I beg to differ somewhat on your third point.  First off, I will say that my car will not BT my music to my stereo.  However, when I first got my Z10 with the original OS, I was able to connect it to my car using the USB cable.  I was then able to use my steering wheel controls to move back and forth in the playlist and adjust the volume.  When the first OS update came out, I lost that ability.  The device wanted to try an install the Blackberry link software on my car and it would of course fail. Since 10.2.1, I have not tried it.

Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

So, are you saying your phone is listed on the car's website as being compatible? If it's not it may not work. I have a Motorola phone NOT listed on my Land Rover site as compatible, but it works anyway. With an unlisted phone it can be a pain. Also look here and the link I already posted.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/bluetooth-auto-music-question-899460/