Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

s-lid
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Individual Notification Settings And Volume

Maybe it's me (and it usually is when I begin a sentence like that...) but on my Bold I used to be able to assign separate and distinct notifications for different messages.  For instance, under my "Normal" setting I had individual tones for different email accounts, and other sounds for texts and BBM.  Further, I could set the respective volumes of each (i.e. keep my phone ring loud while having email notifications in a much quieter tone), with other notifications on vibrate only.

On the Z10 it appears that there is solely a global volume setting for phone and messages.  In addition, I cannot distinguish between different email accounts and have to use the same sound for all emails - even the ones I usually ignore.  I can use a different tone for texts.

One more thing:  Where are all the notification sounds I could choose from on the Bold and why are none available for free or for sale in Blackberry World.  I used to be able to recognize an email notification when my phone was across the room, only because the tone was unique to me and no one else.  Am I limited to the dozen or so that come with the phone?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
WatchStops
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Individual Notification Settings And Volume

For now you maybe limited but there might be future updates to address this since you have now notified them here as to what you require. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Robloid
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I wanted to inquire about the same thing in regards to the notification volumes.  I prefer having separate volumes for the different message types.  If I wanted that now I would have to modify the sounds in a sound editor to change the volumes.

As for the variety of notifications you should be able to use any MP3, wav or any other sound files the Z10 supports.  I was able to bring all my notification sounds from my 9700 as they were saved on my memory card.  You can also download your own from the internet or even create ones by using a sound editor on music or sound clips.

Rob.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Separate volume levels is an issue for me too..  I find no matter what I use for a tone for txt messages, the volume level seems to be barely audible and there doesn't seem to be a way to increase the volume for that specific notification. If I'm missing something I'd sure appreciate some help !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maximum
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I agree.  Blackberry made a mistake by not providing the ability to set volume by notification type.  I hate having a loud email tone when my phone is sitting on my desk but not lound enough to hear my phone ringtone when it's in a holster or in a pocket.

Some other features that we lost when I went from by BB Bold to Z10:

• No auto on/off feature
  • No auto bedside mode when charging
  • No easy way to toggle between normal and vibrate mode
  • Very few ringtones/alerts to choose from

I expected to get more features when I upgraded, not less.

Please use plain text.