Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
TheFANforRPM
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.1.0.2019
My Carrier: AT&T (USA)

Input/Feedback on Screen Guard?

[ Edited ]

I am reaching out for inquiry on a screen guard.  My Z10 is the first phone I have had with a large screen and I have owned it for 3 days and am loving it.  My prior phones have only been the Blackberry Bold 9700, then 9900.  I did not use screen guards with my prior two phones because the screen was so small and the side metal upper lip edges covered the side edges of the screen glass.

With my Z10, the glass touch screen edges actually are at the edge and am thinking of purchasing the thin film screen guard for the glass front only, not the back of the phone.  These are my questions:

1) Will the screen guard, perhaps, make the phone run hot, or increase battery temperature that may affect the phone in any manner, especially battery longevity??  Regarding increased temperature, I wouldn't want any possible increased heat to melt or damage any of the inside components over time, especially when it is in its leather case.

2) Would a screen guard hamper, or not, the touch screen sensory of finger swipes??

I'm looking to protect my investment, but at the same time don't want to hamper its operation, or ruin it.  Any experienced feedback or general information with screen guards is appreciated.

TheFANforRPM
Blackberry Z10 since 12/23/2013 with AT&T (USA)
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Input/Feedback on Screen Guard?

I've never used a screen guard for any of my many BlackBerry phones but I've never heard any negative feedback regarding either phone temperature or reduced sensitivity to the touchscreen. Most screen guards are quite good, in my opinion, or we would have negative reviews everywhere.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Input/Feedback on Screen Guard?

I use screen guards on all my phones and they never "make the phone run hot". There are a lot of choices out there quality and price vise... The more expensive ones are also very tough, and they won`t show scratches like the cheapper ones. You hav a choice of glossy finish or mate fnish. The mate finish won`t show scratches like the glossy one. There are also the so calles "privacy screen protectors" that have a mirror finish. They look very sharp on the phone but the problem is that because of the mirror finish, you`ll not be able to see almost anything on your phone`s display during the day because the strong daylight reflextion. None of the screen guards I use, interferes in anyway with the touch screen of any of my phones.

TheFANforRPM wrote:

I am reaching out for inquiry on a screen guard.  My Z10 is the first phone I have had with a large screen and I have owned it for 3 days and am loving it.  My prior phones have only been the Blackberry Bold 9700, then 9900.  I did not use screen guards with my prior two phones because the screen was so small and the side metal upper lip edges covered the side edges of the screen glass.

With my Z10, the glass touch screen edges actually are at the edge and am thinking of purchasing the thin film screen guard for the glass front only, not the back of the phone.  These are my questions:

1) Will the screen guard, perhaps, make the phone run hot, or increase battery temperature that may affect the phone in any manner, especially battery longevity??  Regarding increased temperature, I wouldn't want any possible increased heat to melt or damage any of the inside components over time, especially when it is in its leather case.

2) Would a screen guard hamper, or not, the touch screen sensory of finger swipes??

I'm looking to protect my investment, but at the same time don't want to hamper its operation, or ruin it.  Any experienced feedback or general information with screen guards is appreciated.

Please use plain text.