Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Insane battery loss after 10.1.0.2312 update

Head thee over to Crackberry, download Sachup/Sachibar, grab the T-Mobile debrick images (310 260 for country/carrier code) and then use cap to flash the radio only.  This is non-destructive (does NOT wipe data) and should address the problem.

And while you're at it raise hell with your carrier as what they should do is push an earlier radio file to take care of this problem.  There IS value to the longer testing cycles that US carriers tend to use in that they freuqently find this sort of problem before you get nailed with it.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same problem. Phone only usable as coffee heater

Contributor
My Device: Z30 (z10 on standby :/)
My Carrier: AT&T

I have AT&T and did the update about a week ago. My battery has been insanely draining also. Just give it some time. The Z10 battery was horrible when it was new out of the box. But it figured itself out after a few weeks and started to last a lot longer, even with heavy use. I'm not sure how long you folks have had your updates, but I'm interested to know if battery life has improved over time like it did originally. This phone seems to learn habits and improve performance over time so I bet it will correct itself. Or BlackBerry will come up with another update quick fast and in a hurry because this is a considerable hiccup.
Contributor
My Device: 9000, 9700, Playbook, 9800, Z10, Q10, Classic
My Carrier: Telstra

I have read in a few places that some of the SD cards consume huge amounts of battery and are not going into a proper low power state when idle.  Might be worth looking into that too.

I have heard of battery issues and I am getting well over 24 hours with normal use of my phone.  If I start using it heavily of course, it goes down but I am pretty happy with the battery life.  It's comparable with, if not better than, the iPod phone.

---- Waiting on Telstra to support the Passport ----
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

i updated my Z10 on EE yesterday and today the battery has gone from 100 to 40% in 5 hours with no apps running!!!! Come on BB, can we have a fix for this bug urgently please?

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

Has there been an update elsewhere? bought this last Saturday and still draining...

i wish i didn't update to 10.1 if it would cause this battery drain issue (which I read was already fixed in a 10.0 updaye), but to be able to use skype, the device had to be on 10.1... so i went 10.1!

I've even done a reload device software to see if it fixes the issue but no go.

I have to resort to turning off wifi when not in use and set screen time out to the minimum, but using some battery monitor app, it's still a steep drop in battery charge from 100 to 70% in just 4 hours, with very minimal use (1 missed phone call, a few sms, some light kobo for 15 mins, some browsing, gmail and yahoo sync), and no youtube, games, other apps... :smileysad:

pls bb, fix this issue soon

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Cell C

I experienced same problem with battery, phone working fine but battery indicator not working. I try to upgrade software but receive msg saying that battery must be charged more then 20% but how can I since my battery indicator show otherwise. Indicator stays red even though after few hours charge and yet I can use my phone all day. Please help
Contributor

People, people, people...*smh*....

Unfortunately, it seems that the Z10 is a faster learner than its owners. When the Z10 was brand new out of the box, the battery life was terrible. It wouldn't last 8 hours with heavy use. After a few weeks, the phone figured it out, I guess, and the battery life improved to be able to handle a full day of heavy use as well as any phone out there. The issue fixed itself and became a non issue. Fast forward to the much anticipated update. The update improved many things. It was a great first update. However, it seemed to reset the battery. Battery life was horrible again, just like out if the box. But after a few weeks, it has worked itself out and is back to being able to handle a full workload. 

So when the next update comes out, let's give the battery a few weeks to recover before we freak out. Just keep a charger nearby, maybe even a spare battery, and deal with it for a short time. It's worth the wait. Hopefully the next update won't have this problem. But it's a small thing to deal with when compared to how smooth the Z10 is. 

Keep it up BlackBerry. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Cell C

The thing is there is an update available now but I am unable to update because phone said battery too low and even when I plug in the charger it doesn't work. How do I fix that?
Contributor

Probably turn your phone off and put it on the charger for a while. Then turn it back on and immediately update while still on the charger. Maybe that will help you?