Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
causemark
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Integration of calendars, contacts, personal/business email

hi there,

I have an iPhone but wanting to move to Blackberry Z10. Before I do, I need to make sure I can do a few things:

- view both my business and personal calendars. The Business calendar is through a MS Exchange server and my personal one is through GoGaddy, although I am soon moving my personal calendar to Google Calendar

- view all business and personal emails through IMAP features (how many can you merge?)

- what platforms can contacts be synced on?

- Do I need a Blackberry exchange server for all this?

- Can Google mail, calendars, contacts be used?

- What about GoDaddy hosting email/calendars? Until I move to Google, that's how it is set up.

Thanks.

Mark

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Integration of calendars, contacts, personal/business email

Hey causemark,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the questions.

Here are your answers:

1. IMAP integrations can be added on BlackBerry 10, also you can up to 10 email accounts.

2. GoDaddy email accounts can be integrated.  Also for more information check out this KB article on the listed calendar and contact synchronizations: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB30038

Be sure to let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mkatkinson
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

I have a Z10 with with Office 365 Enterprise (Cloud) services.  All syncs perfectly, except for the Calendar.  Everything forwards in Calendar syncs correctly but backwards only 3 months.

On other devices (my desktop, iPads etc) the Calendars have synced correctly going back many years.  So it sees to be a BB issue.  Same also happens on my BB PlayBook, only three months backwards.

Previously with BB Desktop Manager there was an option to sync All Events backwards, but not so now, or at least I cannot find it.

Anyone have a similar experience, or know how to change the default Calendar sync options to 'All Events'?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

@mkatkinson - maybe a good idea to start a new thread topic to deal with this different issue, threadjacking is usually frowned upon. :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
causemark

That's great to hear that I can add those features.

Just to clarify...with the link you gave me (www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB30038) that shows sync features for email, contacts (carddav) and calendars (caldav) for MS Exchange, gmail, yahoo, hotmail and GoDaddy, the iMAP features are not checked off. Are the email, contacts, calendars NOT IMAP?  Or is it some other protocol that immediately synced?

Appreciated.

Mark

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
causemark

Actually found that post about the calendar only posting 3-months back to be relevant since I am really looking at how these features all work as I move from iPhone to Blackberry Z10

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply.

IMAP servers do not have any synchronization options for the BlackBerry smartphone.  However the mail host may have a carddav or caldav server.

Also I should not that wired USB synchronization will be coming later on this year for the BlackBerry Z10.  So you can synchronize all calendar and contacts with Microsoft Outlook.

You might want to check out this blog post for a workaround with wireless synchronization of calendar and contacts if you do not have a compatible server: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/how-to-setup-outlook-to-wirelessly-synchronize-your-contacts-...

Last but not least check out this article on data migration from iPhone to BlackBerry Z10: http://ca.blackberry.com/content/dam/blackBerry/pdf/howTo/Switching_from_an_iPhone_to_a_BlackBerry_Z...

Again let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.