Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sreffold
My Device: z10

Intermittent dropping of data signal

I have a Z10 STL100-2 running OS10.1.0.273 on the Telstra Network in Australia. this is my second Z10, a replacement for the first which had a hardware failure.

I have a problem where the phone will drop the data signal from the carrier intermittently. When this happens it goes from 3 or 4G to 3g or 4g. In addition the Blackberry symbol disappears. I have notices a couple of other issues too:

a) There is no data access, even with available wireless signal

b) Phone numbers already stored in the phonebook are not recognised  - so if a call comes in it just shows the number and not the name.

c) You cannot switch to Flight Mode, it just cycles.

The only fix is to restart the phone. Turning off data, phone signal etc does not fix the problem.

I cannot see why it happens but it happens on 4G and 3G/H signals. I have switched the phone to only look for 3G&4G signals. It happens at least three times a day ,whether stationery or mobile.

This is a major issue and I need it resolved ASAP please

Thanks

Simon

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Intermittent dropping of data signal

Hey sreffold,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Have you tried a different SIM card in the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone?  Also if you remove the SIM card, are you able to use flight mode or does the same issue persist?

Can you also send me a private message with your PIN number so I can investigate further?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
sreffold

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have not tried another SIM and cannot do so for a couple of weeks now as I am travelling overseas. I have had to bring an android phone (with my OS SIM) with me which has the larger SIM size so cannot swap to see.

The only way to try the SIM out option with the Flight Mode is to do a hard restart which re-sets everything anyway so it works.

Simon

New Contributor
sreffold

Hi there VF

OK, I am back from travels. i have tried an alternate SIM through Truphone. Same issues - intermittent dropping of data signal accompanied by drop in phone functionality including, but not limited to loss of Contacts. Only fix is a restart.

I recently upgraded to 10.1.0.273 and the issue remains.

Any thougths would be valuable as this is turning a perfectly good phone into a paperweight.

Cheers

Simon

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey sreffold,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Since the different SIM card and device software update did not resolve the issue.  I would suggest contacting your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry as we are going to need to gather some logs to find the root cause.

I appreciate your patience and let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!