Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Re: Internet / Data Usage Application for the z10? DATA MONITOR, DATA USAGE MONITOR, DATA ANALYSER, DATA USAGE APPLICATION

Thanks,

I downloaded it and it gives me pointers to what the real culprit is to the data transfers. So next is to bin ActivSync to get my Outlook Data and get an App for that.

John

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jvanniekerk1
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Internet / Data Usage Application for the z10? DATA MONITOR, DATA USAGE MONITOR, DATA ANALYSER, DATA USAGE APPLICATION

I was wondering of that App would work. Thanx!! I'll download ot. Though I Still think Blackberry must include this in their OS.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KevinSlegg
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: EE (Everything Everywhere)

I agree

How are people finidng Data Monitor? I was going to download it but I undertsand yopu have to have it open all the time - which put me off - although I believe this might get revised once BlackBerry release a needed update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jvanniekerk1

I started using it. Works nice. Whish it showed what is using the data though...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jvanniekerk1

I just keep mine. But seems it works from the beginning of the month since before even i had it installed. Impressed. Still, rather keeping it open for now
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

"How are people finding Data Monitor?"

It's Ok, for the alerts to work you need to keep it open but I'm not that bothered and just open it when I want to look at the data usage, you can set a data limit and monthly start date so the counters work out your usage and your projected usage. It also shows you the total data usage Cell/Wifi/Usb since the phones last reboot so if you reboot the phone you must take a note of your cell usage and then put that back into the program when the program restarts as it doesn't keep the historical data.

John

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acaciahrlm
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: KPN Mobile

What kind of ap are you revering to?, i am looking for one that shows national and roaming data uses, i am traveling a lot and have a limit roaming limit. With my 9800 i had a monthly usage from max 250 mb, now 600 in one week and i am hardly using it.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
WatchStops
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I use Virgin Mobile Here in Canada and it is as simple as using Sim Services on LTE at no cost to to go to Self Serve and than My Usage. Other carriers have Apps like Fido.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tonyblaze
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, White Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

There's also Data Usage Counter for BlackBerry 10 available at the BlackBerry World

Keeps track of your weekly, monthly and unlimited data usage for cellular and wifi and above all it doesn't have to run as active frame.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
demo501
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Mobily-KSA

I agree if you like
Please use plain text.