Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
KevinSlegg
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Internet / Data Usage Application for the z10? DATA MONITOR, DATA USAGE MONITOR, DATA ANALYSER, DATA USAGE APPLICATION

KevinSlegg wrote:

I agree

How are people finidng Data Monitor? I was going to download it but I undertsand yopu have to have it open all the time - which put me off - although I believe this might get revised once BlackBerry release a needed update.

Just to up-dathe the information on this thread - Data Monitor does now retain the data useage after being closed and re-opened - in otherwords you don't have to leave it open all the time.

Downloaded it a few days ago and I'm impressed with the information that it gibes and the way it presents it.

I've also found the Developer very helpful and quick to respond - so would thoroughly recommend this App to anyone.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Internet / Data Usage Application for the z10? DATA MONITOR, DATA USAGE MONITOR, DATA ANALYSER, DATA USAGE APPLICATION

I use data monitor myself, works very well, in keeping track of data usage on your wi-fi as well as outside of the wi-fi zone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acaciahrlm
My Device: Z10

All these Data Monitors are looking nice, BUT i am missing the most import tracking and that is for the data uses during roaming. I travel a lot in Europe and i only have a 100MB data roaming, as the Z10 is a nice machine but is usung so much data, without a reason i need to track this part very carefully or else i end up paying a small fortune to my carier for data uses over that 100 MB.

Any idea when this will be added?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Thanks for the help going to download it now how much does it cost?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
roo_ster
My Device: Zed 10 STL100-3 10.1.0.273

Are you sure your carrier doesn't provide one?

with SaskTel, I just go to to wirelessusage.sasktel.com and it tells me what my billing cutoff is, how much I've used and how much my data plan is for. Also breaks out international usage.

Please use plain text.
ssalamo
My Device: Z10

Agree. Z10 uses too much data unpredictably. Particularly, when roaming users need to be able to monitor data usage BY APPLICATION, so that data usage can be controlled. Also, there should be a roaming mode that asks the user to approve which apps can use data. Also, there ideally would be a compression mode for the browser. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ojokube
My Device: BlackBerry z10

If truly Blackberry z10 data usage monitor is available, I shall be highly obliged to know and have it please. It is highly desirable. Akin
Please use plain text.
varunkumarnaru
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Yes it's the basic app that should be there as part of OS, instead of having a third party application.

Please use plain text.