Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
ItaEst
My Device: BB Z10

Invalid Destination Address error message with MMS Messages on Verizon Wireless

[ Edited ]

Today this started to happen when I tried to send MMS messages.  I would get an "invalid Destination address" message.  This didnt happen before when sending MMS messages.

Some points to note regarding the problem.

- Problem sending to some folks who are on VZW wireless and with others the MMS messages go through and are delivered.

- Problem occurs regardless if folks are on AT&T or Verizon, when I would send them MMS messages, I would get the "Invalid Destination Address" error

- I have sent MMS messages to others who have iPhones and Android based phones on VZW and AT&T and those MMS have gone through.

- I receive MMS messages without any problems

- Interestingly enough, if I manually enter the number with the1-area code- xxx-xxxx then it works, but it appears if I dont enter the "1" it doesnt work...

Called VZW Technical Support and they have NO CLUE as to why.  I even sent the Tech Advisor a MMS message which went through.

I have restarted the phone etc.  Anyone else on VZW experiencing this issue?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mike_in_texas
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Invalid Destination Address error message with MMS Messages on Verizon Wireless

I am having this same issue..."Invalid Destination Address".  The recipient is also on Verizon but has an iPhone.

Did you ever get a response from Verizon?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ItaEst

Re: Invalid Destination Address error message with MMS Messages on Verizon Wireless

Mike no I never did. It appears the issue has resolved itself. It happens rarely and always happens when the recipient is using an iPhone.
Please use plain text.
denSMSgt

Having the same issue with seemingly only one person I try to send MMS' to.  They're on AT&T using an HTC One X.   I have swapped my SIM out with another line, and still have the same problem sending on the BB, but my GNex and WP 8X send MMS fine to this person with either number.  Odd.

Please use plain text.