Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
shinrai
My Device: Z 10

Is it just me or is Blackberry trying the George Costanza?

I want to start off by saying I love blackberry and really want them to succeed but something hit me when i went to type a folder in the 'remember' app and when i titled it my pin guess what.......my pin generated.  Soooooooo you can generate your pin in a memo but not a text message?  How is this in any way logical. 

I titled the subject for all the seinfeld fans that also feel that bb is pulling a costanza by doing the opposite of what they feel is logical.  Only thing is it doesnt seem to work as well as it did for georgey boy.  I love my z10 and am a bb investor and posted a lengthy rant a few days back about the potential for bb to really capture/create an environment of innovation ........and then all i can read about is how they are taking a huge risk of pricing themselves out of possibly the worlds next biggest market. From what I read the markup on the z10 in india is about 3 times the cost.  Why not lower return on investment a little to show a desire to place a blackberry in more people's hands?

Maybe I am wrong and I am hoping things as simple and logical as a pin generation in a text message (probably one the most used form if invitation) will be included in an update that is rumored to come out soon.  But again this is just a rumor, something that could be fixed if blackberry simply spoke to us or reassured us that they hear the voices of the dedicated supporters in a forum like this.  i cannot however escape the notion that at every point in the juncture blackberry seems to be doing the opposite of what logic and basic principals of business call for.  Please correct me

Please use plain text.