Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Is it just my Z10 or are they all essentially just a must be tethered to working power "not so mobile" phone

Here's the chronology of my phone day that started at 7:15 and ended with the phone completely dead at 10:30 sharp.  Obviously, this is not nearly desirable for a phone:

Unplugged from charger with 100% batt 7:15am. 

7:30. 85% batt only wrote a memo entry for 1-2 mins.

7:45 phone was dormant screen off the entire past interval. 80 % battery

7:52 after 5 min phone call batt at 75% Note trying to make call took 52 second for phone to populate names associate with numbers on frequently called list (i.e. stored address book entries weren't showing as such and just showing number, not the name). 

Updated memo with battery after phone call for 2 min battery @ 70 %. Phone acting like dumb terminal where you type faster than processor can handle and where auto correct really mangled stuff because of the inability for the processor to act normal.

8:43. checked battery status after 45 min motorcycle ride with phone in trunk no missed calls 5 new emails, battery down to 55%.

5 min Internet browsing then meeting 8:55-10:11 left phone at desk (not plugged in). 2 missed calls and 5 emails.  Battery down to15%.

Stepped away from desk for 2 phone calls 8 min and 5 min. Phone turned off 3 second after plugging into charger at just before 10:30.

Basically the phone with the Blackberry supplied charger takes longer to charge than to deplete the battery. 

I've been a 7+ year Blackberry fan, but this $550 device feels like a bad letdown.  It's not acceptable as a work phone.  And I spend enough time away from a power source that if anything bad happens, (accident, car failure, etc, I have no way to call for help.)  This phone is a tragedy.  How many people are like me, less than 2-3 months into the new phone and looking at switching.  I've loved the traditional Blackberry usability and consider myself a total poweruser.  Now that I've been forced to learn Androidisms courtesy of the new Blackberry OS, Blackberry has already trained me to just get a real Android....

Is there hope, or is this what it's going to stay like?  Life's too short for a phone that is this inadequate.  Is it just this device, or are all Z10's like that?   Calling Blackberry support, they are resigned, not helpful, and there is no movement to switch out my device or otherwise fix things, which implies problems are systemic rather than fixable at the device level.

Thanks!

F

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Re: Is it just my Z10 or are they all essentially just a must be tethered to working power "not so mobile" phone

[ Edited ]

I'm also on T-mo. However, I am not a former BBerry user, but Android. First of all, your battery issues are not normal. Am not having your "population" lag, so, presuming you have the 10.1 update, maybe you need to wipe your BBerry, I ride a BMW K1200R (no trunk) but no such battery drain and all my calls, texts, emails etc. already in Hub when I arrive at my favorite strip club. Again, a security wipe or... a faster bike.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Is it just my Z10 or are they all essentially just a must be tethered to working power "not so mobile" phone

That is not normal.

remove SD card and see if battery life improves, if it does then backup the data on it and format it in the device and move items back.

Remove emails accounts one at a time and see if battery life improves.

I have 6 email accounts, face book and twitter and mine will last 12 hours or more depending on how much I use it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]

Not the case for me I get 10-12 hours on my Z10 Twitter, Instagram two hours of music & I got three every active emails set up has well!

I don't know if you got new OS upgrade yet, also there are tips on here that you can search on how to save your battery life!

Good Luck

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

There are definately some Z10s that have shorter battery life.. Mine does. :smileywink:

I haven't figured out why just yet.. but I am working on it. I have tried all of the recipes for fixing it and haven't had success yet. I am still averaging 6 to 7 hours of life from it, but I simply carry a spare battery around with me just in case.

I have been following it closely with Battery Guru and it appears that the phone never goes onto full blown 'idle' for some reason and I haven't figured out why just yet. But I am working on it. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Hey that sounds good report when you find the reports your looking for!

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!