Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
airok
My Device: 9700
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to sync Outlook Notes?

hi everyone,

we are using Exchange 2003 and testing BB10 at the moment.  I got the BB10 activated and activesync setup properly. Email/calendar/tasks/contacts are working fine, but only Notes couldn't get sync to the BB10. 

Im not sure if this is activesync problem or BB10 problem. As i recalled, Notes sync didn't work on iphone or android connecting via activesync either.  But i heard ppl saying that Notes can be synced between exchange and BB10 via activesync. So i'm wondering if it is possible, and if so, how to get it work?

Any help is much appreciated.

a.

Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

Re: Is it possible to sync Outlook Notes?

airok wrote:

hi everyone,

we are using Exchange 2003 and testing BB10 at the moment.  I got the BB10 activated and activesync setup properly. Email/calendar/tasks/contacts are working fine, but only Notes couldn't get sync to the BB10. 

Im not sure if this is activesync problem or BB10 problem. As i recalled, Notes sync didn't work on iphone or android connecting via activesync either.  But i heard ppl saying that Notes can be synced between exchange and BB10 via activesync. So i'm wondering if it is possible, and if so, how to get it work?

Any help is much appreciated.

a.

Yes -- theoretically.  Not working for me, though. 

When I set up my EAS account, I selected the option to sync notes.  This created a folder in Remember, as expected.  The folder even indicates that it sync's with that particular EAS account.  The only problem is that nuthin' syncs.  New entries on device don't sync to the Exchange account; notes from the Exchange account don't sync to Remember.

Still trying to figure this one out.

bblacksheep
My Device: Z10, PB WiFi, Bold 9900

Hi,

Just my 2c of input here:

Have you enabled syncing of notes on the BES10?

Apart from that, in our case it turned out that initial sync of tasks and notes took about 30mins to complete after initial activation. Eventually everything was there - emails, calendar, contacts, tasks and notes (the latter two in "remember"). Have to admit though, that we're running Exchange 2010.

Also worth checking: is your problem with every user you activate on the BES10 or just some of them?
Contributor
airok

have been waiting for a long time... tasks, emails, calendar, contacts, all got synchronized, but not notes.  Yes i had that enabled in account. :smileysad: 

we are testing the BDS with BB10 now.. so i have only one device so far which i tried re-activation couple times too. Everything got sync just not the notes

thanks

a.

Contributor
airok

[ Edited ]

elessar, you are having the same symptom as mine here... plz do let me know if you have any finding

Super Contributor
elessar

I have the same situation. Everything except the notes will sync. Not a deal breaker for me — just would be nice to have. I'm heavily invested in Evernote, which syncs perfectly with Remember.
airok

unfortunately we have users who use notes a lot. Since notes work fine with Blackberry/BES ... if we really switch over to BB10/BDS, users would expect Notes to work the same way as their old Blackberry. 

Super Contributor
elessar

Isn't there a BES10 support line you can call? I seem to recall seeing that noted somewhere.
airok

i did actually and i'm still waiting for their reply.  

Just wondering if anyone in the forum could have had the same problem and got a fix already...

Contributor
airok

2003 Exchagne Activesync doesn't support Notes sync

please see the link:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33633&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...