Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Oppenheimer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Swisscom

Is there a Firewall ?

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I would like to know if there is a firewall.

I red here:

http://www.z10case.com/2013/02/how-to-block-incoming-messages-on-blackberry-z10-phone.html#more-106, that we had to go (in home screen, lift the screen down and) go in parameters, Security, and that there was a dedicated folder for Firewall.

If I remember well, we could set the firewall parameters on Torch 9800; on 9810, we could just Activate or desactivate it (wise).

Now, on Z10, I cannot formaly see this.

-I can go in Parameters/Security..., then, I have (if I translate well from french, something like this) : Desactivates functionalities - Manage accesses; where we can:

1. restrict the calls and SMS to the contacts only,
  2. cancel the access of an application (it doesn't appear anymore on applications screen, if the application is disabled), and
  3. restrict content of the BlackBerry World.

I guess, this would be the right place, if there is a firewall, but I'd like to know, if this is really a firewall (if it is, it should be named as so) ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Is there a Firewall ?

I never use the firewall with my Blackberry phone, or any of the others we have. It slows down performance. It is not necessary if you are on a quality phone service.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Oppenheimer
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Is there a Firewall ?

Hi Jerryg50,

I suspected that about the performance. If there was a negative point for BB phone Z10, is that the installations last longer than the download ! It has 2GB RAM, but I would pay more for a stronger processor.

Yes, firewall is not necessary if we browse wisely. But I am a security maniac, and am still searching for it.

Please use plain text.