Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
gmerlusca
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Cosmote

Issue with selecting or copying a phone no. in dialing or direct calling from websites

Dear All,

I remarked that in Z10 I cannot use  in dialing screen neither copy/paste phone numbers nor calling direct from email or websites by selecting the phone no. and taping on it.

This seems to be a bit annoying when you try to make a call from web or inside the email text, because you do not have even the possibility to paste the copied number into the dialing screen.

Somebody knows if is possible to do it, as in the other phones ?

Thanks !

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Issue with selecting or copying a phone no. in dialing or direct calling from websites

The dial pad does not allow you to paste a number. But within an email, text message, web site, BBM message, if its a valid phone number example 416-967-1111, it shows the number as blue, Just clik and hold it and a slider appears on the right(copy, call, send text message, View contact, share/NFC, share, ope in). If you just tap it, it will start to dial the number.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca

Re: Issue with selecting or copying a phone no. in dialing or direct calling from websites

Hi,

on my phone is still not functioning, even with the phone number structure given by you.
But even so, I think normally is to recognize any format which contains numbers and let you make calls, otherwise is becoming quite annoying.

If you have any other indication, is very welcomed!
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca

More, whatever is the structure of the written phone number, is not becoming blue and if I select it and keep it pressed, I get into the right side a menu only with copy and share and another function "ABC-& the sign for forbidden". That's all!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

[ Edited ]

Do me a favour. send yourself a text message or email with a valid phone number then do a screen capture of the email or text and post it here. (press volume up and down together)

Example:

This is a test :  416-967-1111

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca

Hi,

I inserted 3 type of numbers, the one gave by you, the phone from Bucharest Airport, and the one from London Airport.
The single one which is working (I saw now) is the one from London only, but also the others are valid, so why is not functioning?
I mention that I'm using the phone in Romania.

IMG_00000030.png

Arsen wrote:

Do me a favour. send yourself a text message or email with a valid phone number then do a screen capture of the email or text and post it here. (press volume up and down together)

Example:

This is a test :  416-967-1111

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Can't see your screen capture, but something from you carrier area code rules are not allowing it to pickup all phone numbers in email or text.  I would call your carrier and have them open a ticket with Blackberry support. You should see valid 10 digit phone numbers in an email or text. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca

I'll try to attached the capture again, but in case you still cannot see it:

The numbers inserted were:

416-967-1111 - is not working

+40 21 201 4050 - Romanian valid phone number - not working

+44 20 7646 0088 - English (Londoner) valid phone no. - THE SINGLE STRUCTURE WORKING

The carrier I use is Cosmote Romania.

Thanks!IMG_00000030_1.jpg

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Here is my screen capture of the email. If you notice on my email, my local number is in blue, the london number is in blue, but your romanina number is not. For local numbers where you are calling from, they should be the local number with area code and not the international code.  

IMG_00000199.png

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gmerlusca

Sorry, but I also cannot see your screen capture. Did you see my last screen capture? I've changed the picture size.
But even I do not use the international code for the Romanian no. and use only the local one is not working!
In case that this is an issue from the carrier, I do not understand how is working for an international no.

Please use plain text.