Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
achorera
My Device: Z10

Issues with OS 10.2

Hi ,

I am a user of BBz10, on Idea network India.

Please note i just upgraded to latest OS 10.2, few issues I have been facing.

1) Cant use search functionality in CALL LOGS. (This issue is coming since default OS, I have raised it few times but its not being solved. either it should be solved, or search should be removed from there.)

2) Problem With SMS ->

1) Selecting a contact for receiver : Once I select a contact for receiving the message, screen hangs for 10 seconds ++ while the field is populated and whole applicaion is hanged.

2) Same holds when I click to remove a contact wrongly chosen as receiver.

3) When I chose a contact, there is an option of "Text...." , once I click on the same, I am taken to standard SMS compose window. There I have the keyboard upfront (the Textarea where we see what we type is completely hidden behind keyboard, in normal cases it gets elevated and we can see clearly. But it doesnt happen in this scenario.

3) Lots of my contacts have lost their first name / last name info. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have observed that all three options in point 2 occur as OS is trying to load SMS history. Now we used to have the same features earlier, but it was not taking so long for it. So it seems the pattern of sms histroy storage has been changed, and its affecting adversaly rather poorly to the performance and the basic functionality as simple as SMS has become very tedious.

I am continuously trying other features to find out pros/cons of 10.2 , Regular traversing seems to have gone a touch faster. Most importantly battery is lasting longer. not sure something to do with new OS or just its my psyche.

Will appreciate valuable feedbacks

Regards

Amit

New Contributor
amitk2508
My Device: BB-Z10

Re: Issues with OS 10.2

Hi Amit

How you got the Update on Idea Network. I am trying since last days, but no update on BB 10.2 OS.

Regards

Amit Kapoor

Contributor
achorera

Hi Amit,

I just got it by Settings->Software Updates, it was 600 mbs approx.

I am now on 10.2.0.424.

I am based in Ahmedbad. but not sure if updates will be released region vise.

Regards 

Contributor
gmail77

I am from Manila, BBZ10, and been using the new OS 10.2 for almost one week now.

I am experiencing the same frustrating issue as Amit. When I compose sms messages the field where you type in is being covered by the keyboard and it takes several very long seconds before repopulation of the other data kick in and only then the type field area appear behind the keyboard. So instead of making my life easier it causes stress to the user.

Often the touch functions frizzes and the only option is to reboot but when you reboot it takes eternity before the repopulation of the data specially contacts are completed and sometimes you lose the pictures of the contacts and other contacts in the process.

Blackberry has to rectify this quick otherwise I would want to go back to the old OS version, 10.1 

Edwin

New Contributor
shoaiba

HI Amit,

Are you using a BB Plan or  for a generic data/gprs plan with idea cellular?

PS: My Z10 does not seem be working :smileysad: 

Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c

Hi Shoaiba, Welcome to the forums,

We request you to please delete your phone number from the place of the carrier. As the phone number is very important, it is not suggestible to display on any public forums.
Steps to change it :
My settings>Personal information>carrier
Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c

Hi Amit,

Did you made any back for contacts? Because, I would suggest you to reload the OS by doing complete wipe. As the update overrides the OS that is present in your mobile.
Let us know about ur Z10 current situation
Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure