Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jimstilgoe
My Device: z10

It's going back!!

After having my 9780 for the last 2 years I thought a new phone was in order. Unfortunately, the Z10, although promising to be a great phone fell way short of the mark.  I’ve persevered for a week and think if I dont get it by then I never will.

Several issues have bugged me.

1, the battery life. I’m a reasonably heavy user, mostly phone calls (a couple of hours a day) and use it for my emails. The phone was unplugged at 7am (fully charged) and by 3pm was telling me I needed to recharge. This is the same as I was getting with my old BB9780 with a 2 year old battery. 

2, the idea that you can move between apps and screens smoothly seems to have passed me by. I found that I was constantly almost fighting with it to find the address book, often only showing me BB contacts. Maybe something that I could get used to, but why make it so complicated? I also found the screen was extremely irritating with its apparent lack of speed to swap between landscape and portrait

3, I had several occasions when putting the phone to my ear; I muted or terminated the call...

4, serious lack of apps. Where are the most common apps people want.......whatsapp, shazzam, etc

Finally, being left handed, the swipe from bottom to mid right on the screen to get you to the message hub is impossible with the left thumb..... Making the phone a 2 handed operation.

What BB has done is create a phone which has a massive potential, but they don’t seems to be helping themselves realise it.

Would you upgrade your TV if only a third of the programs on your old one worked on the new one?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: It's going back!!

I would suggest to stick with it.

I was a dedicated hard-keyboard user and was skeptical about the all touch Z10. I have to say that after a week, I am a convert.

There seems to be a wide range of battery life that people are seeing right now. I had 23 hours yesterday, but with no phone calls. If you're a heavy phone user battery life will fall, but this will be true of all devices. At least with the Z10, you could get a spare battery and swap it when needed. You can't do that with those fruit phones.

I have no trouble moving bewteen apps, HUB, BBM, TXT, EMAIL. I have to say, HUB is one of the nicest features.

As for APPS,yes, there are fewer for BB. But do we really want 5000 fart apps, like the fruit phones?

I'm sure all the good apps from previous BB will migrate fairly quickly to OS 10.

Your comment about left handed operation is quite valid. It would seem to be a great feature that BB could implement to create a left/right hand selection.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimstilgoe

What I'm going to do is use my old BB for the next 6 months and then look at the fixes and apps. If they are any good, then i will then have another. 

I would suggest that the design team get busy with thoroughly testing its products pre launch....

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Heh.. granted there are a few bugs and things that BB users are missing, but I have to say that this phone really is pretty darned amazing for a version 1.0 OS. I look forward to the next few months of updates and fixes.. this phone is awesome now.. and will only get better with time.

They seemed to have learned a LOT from the disasterous PlayBook launch.. and don't get me wrong I love my PB, but I hope it gets some update love soon!! :smileyvery-happy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimstilgoe

saying goodbye to the Z10

After over a week of having this phone i have finally given up. 

A phone full of glitches, which there are no answers for, other than to remove the battery. and even that not working yesterday when i was left with a phone i could only make calls from when using the voice command on my car phone.

although it looks lovely, IT JUST DOESNT WORK!!

Technical services at EE are unable to help as they "dont have service manuals yet"

farewell

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tuckerboy
My Device: Z10

Re: saying goodbye to the Z10

I've had my bbZ10 since the release date. I love it. Once you learn it all, it works great.

Be patient with it and with Blackberry. The phone looks cool, slim with great eye appeal.

I have always been a Blackberry user and will stay with them.

My only complaint is the call center help desk in India....it's hard to talk to them, fustrating, bad english and the telephone connection is very poor.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: saying goodbye to the Z10

jimstilgoe, you've already created one thread on this very same topic, what's the need for two?

If you need help, please ask.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.