Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
baxter124
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Jumbled Text in E-mail

Having major problems when sending and forwarding emails. Z10 is scrambling text and inserting random symbols which is frustrating both me and clients. Cannot seem to get a solution to fix this problem anywhere.

Can anyone assist?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Jumbled Text in E-mail

Lots of threads here about this issue, and a little birdy told me that BB Support was swamped after the software update that caused it, so many are waiting for a software fix to come out and resolve the issue.

I am not sure if the fix is currently in carrier testing right now.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ottjim
My Device: Z10 / Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Fido - Rogers

Same problem here - from what I can determine, the problem seems to have started after software update. Service provider is Fido/Rogers, business email hosted with GoDaddy (smtp). Everything was fine initially, no reports of garbled emails.   

Blackberry has to get on this ASAP - I use my Z10 for my business and as of now, most recipients get html-laden garbage emails from me.  Some don't however - in some cases, the same email with multiple recipients have been received intact by one recipient, corrupted with html code and oddly-placed symbols by the other recipient.  I have yet to find a common factor as to who gets it clean and who doesn't.  Bottom line for now is, as much as I hate to say it, my Z10 has now become an expensive, useless brick.  :smileysad: Support and assistance from Fido/Rogers has been futile so far...

Looking for any ideas...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
baxter124

Agree 100% BlackBerry need to get this resolved without any further delay. My phone is crucial for business and this problem is affecting my work. Would like to know what BlackBerry are doing about this problem as the z10 is supposed to be the way forward! Seriously thinking about reverting back to my 3 year old Bold! A better phone performance wise with better battery life. Need to charge z10 during the day to make sure I can get a working day from this phone
Very disappointing!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Is the language set for the proper language for your email and OS?

Did you contact Blackberry support for assistance in case it is an issue that they would be aware of and have a fix that they can assist you with?

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
baxter124

Can you provide a contact number for BlackBerry support as I can't find this anywhere. Have a tried to contact by email with no success. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

You contact Blackberry support through your cellular carrier. They have a Blackberry trained support team that you should get on contact with, I know that with Rogers you have to follow the voice prompts that as you if you have a Blackberry.

If that team can't help you they are supposed to push you up to Blackberry's own support teams.

It is always a good idea to ask for the names (first and last) of everyone you talk to, and to ask for an incident or ticket number. This 'helps' them to pay attention to you if they are the lackadaisical type. :smileyhappy:

Often you will get someone that for whatever reason won't up you to BlackBerry. You have two options at that point, you can either ask for their supervisor or call back and try for someone else and hope that they are better at their job. :smileyhappy:

Patience and a good nature usually help too, keep in mind that they are probably quite busy with the new release of this phone. :smileyhappy:

Good luck!
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.