Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
JRBoston
My Device: Torch

KEYBOARD PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

[ Edited ]

I teach Marketing and Strategy and I am die hard blackberry loyalist. Have been tempted, pushed and almost convinced to jump ships but I am a nightmare for any company's marketing team of the competition: a loyalist difficult to switch to another product. Now, here is free consultancy for all of you at RIM or Blackberry. The new Z10 is certainly very good, it would have been very easy for to switch from my Torch (Large screen - good - and sliding physical keyboard - fantastic) into a Z10 right? NO,  WRONG.

You should have made your homework and research of course and know as a fact that many of us, despite of facing crashing of the system, continuous hanging, not connecting to the internet and a long list of issues with blackberry;  we remain users ONLY because of the physical keyboard. So you decide to launch a very nice new software, new version, great new features, but the essence and center of our universe is still the physical keyboard. That's' s why we are still using you guys !!! You are making it easier for those who have to decide among the Apple or Samsung (Apple would be a better option) and the Z10 to go with one of the first two. Segmentation and target focusing should have included that your Z10 had the optional physical keyboard in it when you launched. You are shooting yourself in the foot. You are trying to fight with Apple who is already well established by offering a product that will not have the uniqueness of having a physical keyboard. That will be the BEST differentiator; not video conference (they have that), good software (they do have that too), apps (they have them...), touch screen, SIRI, size, weight, etc etc etc..They have them as well. They do have a touchscreen keyboard and yes you might say yours has great features perhaps more advanced,,,,yada yada yada...but still they do have it as well. What they don't have? The physical keyboard. NO matter what you all say, there is nothing like typing on a physical keyboard. Period.

Now, the new Q10 that you will be launching will have a smaller screen than my current Torch which is the reason I decided I bought it on the first place and also the fact that I can hide the keyboard (sliding) will prevent me from touching the keyboard by mistake.

The Q10 for me is not the answer after seeing the great design and what you have done with the Z10. Now, a Z10 with a physical keyboard will do it. There is already on the market a physical keyboard for the iPhone....and I am so concerned that ultimately I will end up with that if the only option you offer is the Q10. Either the Z10 with keyboard or a Torch with the new software. Let me know (or let us know) soon, patience is running out.

Respectfully

JR

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: KEYBOARD PLeaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Are you aware that no fewer than six devices running BB10 have been scheduled to launch?  I'm willing to bet that at least one of them will satisfy your desires.

Also keep in mind that the carriers are the ones who decide when the phones will be released by them.  They all need time to properly test and evaluate the phones.  The perceived delay of launching the BB10 devices is due in large part to the carriers and not to BlackBerry itself.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
JRBoston

My comments are only in the interest of making BB aware of the desire of few people like myself. if the case is that one of those possible 6 devices you mentioned will be as the one I describe as the ideal one, then BB marketing should make sure that the public knows. The same way we only know now of a Q10 coming...If they will let us know - since I have proven to be a loyal customer - I will be willing to wait.

Cheers back

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

If you spend a week with the Z10 keyboard, you will never use a physical one ever again. This thing smokes any keyboard that I have ever had on a blackberry before. 950, 8800, 9000, 9780, 9800, 9900... I've owned them all.

After a week of 'training' this z10 keyboard, I can type two or there times as fast as on those other devices. I use longer (full) words every time and type less characters...

They were smart to release the ZED 1st or I (and others) would never have given the ZED a chance... I will never go back. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I agree with drewread on those points. The Z10 is converting a lot of diehard physical keyboard lovers.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

I am one of them, and it did not take me a week, just a few hours and I do not want to go back to my Bold 9900

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
JRBoston

Thank you all for your kind responses, once again, I hope those in the forum understand that I made my comments with the mere intention of offering support as a fan and trying to send my message to those in the company. I am happy to see that some of you love the Z10 touchscreen keyboard...good to hear that. I worked on it for hours yesterday and that is why I came back and posted my comments.
My opinion remains that I prefer a physical keyboard despite the great advances. I stil would like to know when a new BB Z10 "torch type" with the Z10 OS will be launched.

I can wait a couple of months but certainly not longer than that.

JR