Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Wardy7
My Carrier: O2

Keeping Z10 on Blackberry data plan (BIS) - APN settings?

I'm after a bit of help with regards to Blackberry data services.

I have had a few Blackberrys over the last 5 years or so and they have all had my unlimited data with them.

I recently got the Z10 to use on my existing contract with O2, however I have just had my first bill and I've been stung for data usage.

I've not had much luck with anyone helpful at O2 so I'm hoping somewhere here can help.

I am after knowing what the APN settings are I should put into my Z10 so thatI can continue to use my unlimited data plan from Blackberry rather than having to change my tariff with O2 to use one of their inferior plans.

I've spent hour searching for what to put into the APN settings but I'm just going round in circles :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Keeping Z10 on Blackberry data plan (BIS) - APN settings?

BB10 phones do not use BIS like legacy devices do.  The days of compressed data on a BlackBerry are quickly coming to an end.

You'll just have to grab another data plan and grin and bear it like we do.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
redheadp

So is the z10 now just like any other phone¡ without the previouse blackberry advantages
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
redheadp

I was going to upgrade but with the threat of high days charges maybe stick with my 9860. Allways been a BB fan but change is not allways good. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wardy7
My Carrier: O2

That is a bit of a pain. I've no real idea how much data I use as I've never had to keep track of it. A backwards step I would say form Blackberry this if there is no way that the BB10 phones can't connect to to BIS?!

Please use plain text.