Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

NR38
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

Keeps disconnecting calls mid conversation

Hi,

I hope someone can help!

I have a Z10 and the majority of my calls are disconnected whilst I'm speaking. Initially I spoke to tmobile who thought there may be a fault on the actual phone and replaced it. However, the same problem is happening with this new Z10 too. I will be mid conversation and the line will just go blank. Can anyone help???

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
frenettem
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Keeps disconnecting calls mid conversation

Definitely sounds like a problem with your carrier.  

How strong is your signal?  Are you moving when this happens?  Do you travel to different places?  Does it happen consistently no matter where you are?

I suggest concentrating on tmobile and not let up until it is solved.

Please use plain text.
NR38
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

Thank you for your response.

The signal is usually ok but now and then it does come up with 'poor connection'. I work from home so the majority of calls I make are in my house but it seems to happens everywhere I go.

tmobile has changed the handset and still happening. Driving me insane.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
frenettem
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Sounds like a real issue for you.  Also sounds like your connection at home is not good.  Are you using an LTE connection?  3G? 4G?  Is it possible you are manually selecting a connection that is not the strongest?  Have a look at Settings, Network Connections, Mobile Network.  Then pull down Network Selection Mode.  If it is Manual, change it to Automatic and see what gets selected when you connect.  See if that makes any difference.  Later, go there again and pull down Network Technology.  See what is checked there and maybe try other types of connections.  Tmobile should be able to tell you what might work best for your geographical area. 

I'm not expert - just a guy like you who uses a cell phone.  But I hope this might help a little.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.1
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Can you try a different SIM?
Please use plain text.