Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
dstrocen
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Keyboard Auto Text

When typing a message I sometimes notice an autotext word (green) coverning the space key preventing me from using it.  I can't continue and end up accepting the incorrect word suggestion and then deleting it so I can continue.  Please advise how to work around this. It's very annoying.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Keyboard Auto Text

Normally when you see the green suggested word, there will be also a smaller white word above it.

To accept the correct word in white, swipe up on that word. Don't only touch or you'll accept the green word.

I've also found if the word in your document (email or bbm or whatever) is correct, if you will touch there in the document at the end of the corredt work one time, the spacebar will return normal with the green word removed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

Hi,

This is the PlayBook forum. So unless you find some PlayBook guru who also has a Z10 - not impossible - this is not the best place to look for an answer.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Just to add, in there is a personal dictionary where you can add optional words. I have been building this up. You can also turn off the auto text feature. Some people did that as well. I prefer to use the auto text feature. The built in help seciton in the phone has information about how to use the spell feature and use the options.

Check the link below to know about some basics about how to use the spell correction, and how to modify its options.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mba1343746831735.jsp

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dstrocen, was this answered or resolved for you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mayorofbayswater
My Device: 9900

I  got this from Rim

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

Thank you for the update.

In regards to your key questions, you fill find the answer below each question.

Key questions :

1 - Can you back up Auto text on new BB platform.

The Auto text will backup when the Z10 is backed up.

2 - Will I be able to transfer my 500 odd current auto text on my 9800 to the new Z10.

At the present time, the auto texts are not transferred from any pre BlackBerry 10 device to the Z10. This function has been sent to out development team, but there is no ETA as to when this will be available.

3 - What is the auto text limit on the Z10 i.e. what is the Max I can store AND what is the size limit in terms of the number of characters I can type within One auto text.

There does not appear to be a limit to the size of the auto text.

4 -   Will I be able to have line breaks on the auto text ...... i.e. multiple paragraphs at the press of a pre determined auto text key. I have this feature currently with my auto text but I have a feeling that you can only have single paragraphs with the new version. This will be a mega loss for me if that is the case as I use the auto text feature HEAVILY as all of my property details are  pre-stored via auto text. - so, at the press of a few simple keys, I can submit entire property details with multiple paragraphs.

This feature is not available on the current release of the operating system. This feature will be available in a future release of the device software. We do not have a release date for any future updates. It is up to the carrier to determine when software is released.

If you wish to call us directly, you may call us at any of the telephone numbers listed below.  To ensure an efficient direction of your call, please have your Service Request number ready as you will be asked to enter it into the system. Your Service Request number is INC0000xxxxxxxx.

BlackBerry Technical Support

Dont le me take a bite out of the forbidden FRUIT or take a trip to another WORLD….. Apple I-Phone vs Samsung Galaxy !!
Please use plain text.