Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

KSN
New Contributor
KSN
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Keyboard Issues

Have been using Z10 for a Week and have had keyboard issues erratically every few hours.  Upon trying to reply to mail the keyboard does not enter data and thats when I have to take out battery and this reboot helps.  Simple reboot doesnt help.  Anyone know how I can stop getting this erratic issue.

Thanks

K

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Keyboard Issues

I seen this happen to another user about a month ago, a 3rd party app was locking the keyboard. I would suggest to restore your z10 to factory default with BB link software and start from scratch.

Please use plain text.
KSN
New Contributor
KSN
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks.  But this was the issue when the mobile was new out of the box without any Third Party apps.  So basically from the first day there is an erratic keyboard issue.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

I would still do a factory restore with BB link and let it pull down any updates if availalbe in your region. If problem persist, call your Mobile provider so they are aware of it and they can open a ticket with Blackberry . If your phone is defective then they should switch it for you.

Please use plain text.