Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: Keyboard input not working

Turn off magnification, this is a known issue. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
jones50

How do i do that . i dont know were magnification is ?

Forums Advisor III
drewread

From the hub or home page: Swipe down from the top bezel, select settings, accessibility, and turn off magnify mode
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
wongsinj

I am on fido and I am now having the same issue with my keyboard. Except that my keyboard stops responding when I click on "Forward" for a specific email from my gmail account. Forwarding any other email works perfectly well except for that one email. I reproduce this error everytime I click on "Forward" for this email.

Blackberry, you can come take my phone for debugging if you need to. I am about to abandon blackberry soon and go back to android! Of all the bugs and issues I can encounter in a phone, this is the only one I just cannot accept!

Forums Advisor III
drewread

If you are having specific issues like that, it is best to call your mobile carrier's Blackberry support team and get it resolved. Make sure to ask for your incident number and of they can't help you they should (must) escalate you to BlackBerry support.
spross
My Device: z10

I am having the same problem.  It is extremely frustrating because it seems all other functions are working.  I have to keep rebooting the phone by removing the battery. It is getting worse and I need to reboot after about two or three emails.  Sometimes I will need to reboot three and four times in a row, just to get the keyboard working.  Also, it happens when the phone sits for a while and I need to enter the password to unlock it. At that time, I cannot type to enter the password.  It is almost becoming useless.  

New Contributor
piper_jools

I've had this same issue. My keyboard will not enter text in to text box when I type. Setting the 'ignore words with numbers' either on or off, doesn't change anything.

I've done a total security wipe, and it will work. I then did reinstall of my backup and the problem came back. I did another security wipe and tried to just install 'settings' and the keyboard stopped working again. I then did another security wipe and it will work, until I re-installed just my applications...stops working.

So, now I'm back to square one...my Password application is now gone..(after entering ALL my passwords..and now have no idea how to get it back) which annoys me the most.

When I got to work on Monday, my work computer was locked out by another user...not sure how this happened, but I do have my work email on my phone. I had to get IT to fix computer.

I'm on Sasktel and we have not been allowed to have to newest software upgrade to 10.1 ...but I'm not sure if this is related.

Something weird is that my husband has the same phone (Z10) and he was having issues on Friday. I read somewhere that the case may be the issue..so we switched cases. (his was a clip on Blackberry case, mine was just a cheap one from eBay) His issue resolved itself, but that is when my problems started. Related? is it a bug? I don't know..

that's my story...

New Contributor
SharonE413
My Device: Torch 9800

I have this problem, only had the phone a few hours after BB torch 9800 died.  Was messaging my son and all of a sudden the keyboard wasn't entering text.  Re-booted and now working again.  Funny........