Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ab18556
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Kindle app in Canada.

Hi,

The only app I had on the iPhone was the Kindle app. Now with my BlackBerry Z10 there is no app. There's one on amazon.com but, maybe because I'm living in Canada or because It's not available to the Z10, I can't download it. I searched the web and found nothing about an upcoming kindle app. Anyone know if a new app is planned for the Z10? Or will it be the US only app? I heard BlackBerry announced they'll have Kindle and Skype. Skype has been confirmed but I found nothing about the Kindle app.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,902
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Kindle app in Canada.

No specific announcement has been made regarding when or what country.

**You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ab18556

Lol, thanks for the advise, I used chrome's auto-completion to fill the form. I'm sad to hear that there's no way to at least know if the app is planned and if it will be available outside US. This is the only app I am really missing on my BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Give them a tweet and use the hash tag #GetWithBB10 - ask them when they plan to join the BB10 army. :smileyvery-happy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I have the Kindle app for Android loaded on my Z10 and it works great. You can't download it from BBWorld but it can be downloaded to your computer and "sideloaded" to the Z10. The website below has a good library of Android apps that work on the Playbook and Z10, including Kindle. You'll have to read up on how to sideload but once you've done it a few times you'll find it's not hard at all.

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,902
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good suggestion on side-loading Kindle.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ab18556

Wont it void the waranty?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Absolutely not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.