Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2 (uk)

LOSS OF CONTACTS/FACEBOOK DETAILS/CALENDAR DETAILS, MEETINGS, BIRTHDAYS ETC

WTF!!!!!! I MEAN WTF is going on with BlackBerry???????? When I first bought my BB Z10 I thought it was excellent, I genuinely did like the phone and the way it worked apart from the faults.  But now I have had ENOUGH, it has NOW LOST ALL my contacts (phone numbers, e-mail addresses, personal details, facebook etc, all my calendar details. It has also decided not to connect me to any known and saved wifi (e.g. at home)

I cannot open BB Link on my laptop anymore to try and rectify the problem. Sick to the back teeth with this phone and its service. SMART PHONE?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm stuck with this phone for another year, and I can tell you that I will not be buying a BlackBerry phone again.

If I buy a premium car (a jaguar or Ferrari for example), I do not expect anything to be fundamentally wrong with it, and if it does have something wrong I DO NOT expect to be told to turn the car off or reboot the onboard computer or be told 'well that's the way it is with this car' You pay a PREMIUM price for something to work properly, NOT try this or try that. I expect the same with my phone.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
fuzzymonkey30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: LOSS OF CONTACTS/FACEBOOK DETAILS/CALENDAR DETAILS, MEETINGS, BIRTHDAYS ETC

One does not simply lose everything for no reason. What exactly happened with the phone for it to delete everything? Did you or someone type the password wrong 10 times which ultimately wiped the phone as it's a security feature?

Also, you should be keeping backups on your computer for this information, if for some reason you did lose everything or your phone were to break somehow and you couldn't retrieve the information.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Fire69Mark
My Carrier: o2 (uk)

Re: LOSS OF CONTACTS/FACEBOOK DETAILS/CALENDAR DETAILS, MEETINGS, BIRTHDAYS ETC

Really!???  I did think of not responding, but your response, I thought,was a little patronising so I had to reply.

Fair enough you must think I just came on here and just made it up. I have enough of a life not to want to do that. The fact is I came down this morning and all my contacts were gone (no-one else here, unless you think it was the spirit world that entered the password 10 times, (hmm I hadn't thought of that), also WiFi is unavailble does not connect to known and saved connections.

If you read my original post you see that I cannot access BlackBerry Link (where, for your information, I do actually back up my information). And, as I said, why should I pay good money to keep turning the phone on and off or re-boot it all the time.

Please use plain text.