Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

LongBeachBBfan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Level 1 Notifications on Z10

Hi there,

I've just switched from a Bold 9900 to a Z10 and am wondering if it's possible to enable Level 1 email notifications on the Z10.  Please let me know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
thorstenfixplease
My Carrier: O2

Re: Level 1 Notifications on Z10

Level 1 does not exist as even a concept in BB10/Z10

yes... really.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Level 1 notifications were for PIN messages on the old devices. There is no option to send PIN messages on BB10. I guess they figured hardly anyone used them so they did away with it.

Are you referring to Importance levels in emails?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Carrier: AT&T

Unfortunately Profiles were pretty much gutted in BB 10.  I miss In Holster/Out of Holster...

Please use plain text.
pawelm
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 6048395035

We used email filtering for oncall pages from our servers.  We marked emails from a certain sender from a certain email as level one and had the notification at a loud volume with a specific tone.  Now the number one feature for using bberry is gone!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There are lots of "number one" features gone with the new devices. It's all in the eye of the beholder. We need to find workarounds for all the missing features we once knew. Just know you're not alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SeanD
My Device: Not Specified

I just found this out also. Our oncall staff use the Level 1 notifications the exact same way. I am also on the oncall rotation and I am supposed to get a Z10 within the next week or so. Without some alternative way of doing the alerting, the Z10 is useless to our oncall staff. We might as well just go the iPhone 5's and use the VIP feature to do our alerting.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-

If your oncall emails always come from the same sender you can set a custom ringtone for the contact.

Please use plain text.
LongBeachBBfan

Oh good that's what I'm looking for.  Can you please let me know how to set up a custom sound to a given contact?  Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You set that for the individual contact in the address book.
Please use plain text.