Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

LongBeachBBfan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Level 1 Notifications on Z10

Success!  You rock!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SeanD
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry this work around does not work for us.  We have multiple different systems sending out alerts for oncall plus we have an answering service that sends out emails.  We have been using email filters and level 1 tagging on pre-BB10 devices for years now.  Removing this from BB10 was a huge mistake.  A coworker on mine downloaded the BB10 simulator recently and it looks like the email filters have been put back in a future update.  Hopefully Level 1 alerts come back too.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
abdulclamwacker
My Carrier: Rogers

This is amazing. Spent $740 on this device earlier today and I'm finding many critical business functions removed.

NO Level 1 messages
NO Profile Settings
NO Filtering Rules

Don't tell me we need to purchase aftermarket software to do this (if it even exists).

BB9900 and BES5 all the way.
Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Custom notifications aren't much good when all I want is for no sounds on emails in general, but audible notification for a select group. And with a standard notification tone -- scrolling through thousands of songs and podcasts is cumbersome.

Right now, I'd have to copy a silent MP3 onto my phone so I can turn on audible notification for messages, and then scroll through thousands of songs several times over to find the notification sounds I want for each important contact.

I'll wait and hope the first update fixes this before I go through that pain. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
jekelly
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

I can't accept that this post have been solved. Since there are no more profile I can't create a night profile. With that profile and Level 1 notification I was able to sleep  and still having Level 1 notification with a different sound for emergency email. I'm a IT guy I need this alert when something is going wrong. Level 1 was a simple and intelligent feature, but it look likes the Steve Jobs way of doing things have won, control freak and remove all the possibility to customize freely.

Blackberry just lost the only reason I would buy one. I would prefer an Android with a better integration with gmail.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
wesmk
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm in the same boat. I held off so long with Blackberry, hoping the Z10 would enhance the features unique to the blackberry 9930. In the IT world, responsible for when things go bump in the night. it was nice to have a holdster notication profile that could be customized to only notify certain emails and/or text messages. This has been lost. Now with the Z10, i have to every night tell the notification profile, i only want to be woken by text messages. I had high hopes that Blackberry's release of Z10 would keep us using Blackberry devices. I now see iPhones, Androids, and others staying on top. Blackberry will not make it much longer.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
konvajw
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Completely agree.  Huge step backwards for notifications/profiles on the Z10....  Hear rumors enhancements will be made in 10.1, but no confirmation to those rumors yet that I know of.  The other issue I is with Blackberry Balance, it appears notifications aren't working at all when "work space is locked".  This is obviously unacceptable as well since you want notifications for certain senders/emails anytime (e.g., in middle of night, etc.) - even when the "work space is locked" after "15" minutes timeout.  What happened to the good old days of the best notifications/profiles in older BB OS's???  Bring them back please!

Please use plain text.
cast1010
My Carrier: MTS

This is not an acceptable solution.

Like many others, we rely on Level 1 notifications to be more productive and avoid email notification distractions.

Time management is critical for those business users of Blackberry, level 1 was a key future to avoid distractions for those hundreds of emails we receive in a day. Our executive team setup their devices to only be notified when an emai came in that had our account in the To: line, this was only possible with level 1 and removing this feature is a big mistake.

We are on a trial with the Z10, without this simple but key function I cannot recommend our company to stick with this device.

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

From what's been posted about the 10.1 leak on CrackBerry, it sounds like this will be improved very soon.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hammerli22
My Device: 9100
My Carrier: ATT

This is the one feature I liked the most on my old BB. I thought for sure all the great email features 

with filtering, forwarding and level 1 alerts would be in the Z10 as I would assume they would

not takeaway what made the BB a great messsage/email business phone unique. Boy was I wrong, may as well get a iphone or android phone.

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.