Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Re: Level 1 Notifications on Z10

With the 10.1 software update, this has largely been resolved. It's a lot easier to set a custom notification tone for a given contact, and it will play even if the default setting is to have no alert tones. You can also set cusom vibrate (default, off, 1, 2, 3, 5) and LED (default, on, off). You can customize notification for phone, messages and BBM messages.

Plus, silent mode is still silent as the master volume is set to 0. (On BB6 when I set a custom tone, it played even when I chose the "silent" profile, which is why I preferred 'level 1'.)

One other nice touch is that the built-in alert tones are listed first, followed by things in device/misc/ringones and sdcard/ringtones, so you don't have to scroll through your music collection to find them (unlike the first 10.0.9 release).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hammerli22
My Device: 9100

Does 10.1 update allow:

1. Filtering of email by subject or email words ?

2. Optional forwarding of email to the Z10 based on filtering ?

3. Alerts like level 1 based on the filtering ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

hammerli22 wrote:

Does 10.1 update allow:

1. Filtering of email by subject or email words ?

2. Optional forwarding of email to the Z10 based on filtering ?

3. Alerts like level 1 based on the filtering ?

No. Those were done by BIS, so the only way to do it now would be for the BB10 phone to have filtering built in. That would be possible, but is likely not a small task. Also, the phone would still have to at least download all the email headers of any message in the inbox to do that, even if it didn't end up displaying all of them.

Unfortunately the only workarounds I know of right now are:

• Filter email you don't want on the phone to some other folder on the server (means the email will not be in your inbox)
  • Add contact-specific notifications for some people. (Doesn't allow setting a filter that would result in notification for email with a particular subject.)

I found it somewhat ironic that iOS finally got something like 'level 1' with the VIP contacts and then BB10 dropped it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hammerli22
My Device: 9100

That sucks that they took it out. Thats funny that the iphone has the vip now, people must have complained to apple to put that feature in for those that switched from BB to iphone. 

I suppose if they put a filter in there it would have to be a option in the hub. 

The things I like to do are filter a email using the "from" field so that I can get a special 

sound alert if i get any email from  ????@xyz.com  company without have to put eveybodies

name in a contact list to generate a  alert sound. 

The other thing I liked was to filter a word in the "subject" field like  "emergency" and then I would

get a level 1 alert sound. 

Such a good feature to be able to setup multiple filters on each and every email account... all gone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JosephI
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10

This is now possible with 10.2.1 (software release .537 / os release .1925 / Z10 on Telus)

I've had a chance to set it up and test with email filter for messages where importance is set to High and paired the filter with Level 1 notifications.

The messages appear in the Priority Hub and the Level 1 alerts generated when the messages come in.

I haven't tried the other filters yet.  All setup done on Z10.

Please use plain text.
rnallath
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rstricke1
My Device: Blackberry 9630 and Z10

How to configure - Level 1 Notifications on Z10 - 10.2.1.2122

I support our Blackberry devices. We are on BES 10.2. It appears that we now are able to configure Level One messages using the following steps as of OS 10.2.1.1925 (+/-).  Not sure if this is new or i just over-looked it when searching for Level One options previously. Hope this helps those looking for this functionality.

Blackberry 10 - Configuring Level One messaging alerts:

Note: You can create multiple Level One message rules, however, all will use the same ringtone.

1. Start from the email screen on your Blackberry.
  2. Press the 'Menu' icon (3 dots) in lower right of screen.
  3. Press ‘Settings’ from the resulting menu.
  4. Select ‘Priority Hub’ option.

Note: Level One notifications appear to work with Priority Hub in either the on or off position.

1. Press the ‘Add Rule’ icon at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Type a name in the 'Filter Name' field for your reference.
  3. If you have multiple email accounts, select the one for LVVWD account.
  4. Fill in the field(s), as appropriate, to filter messages you wish to respond with a Level One alert ringtone.

Note: If you modify the importance drop down, it will impact what incoming messages will be considered Level One. Most messages come in with default of ‘None’.

1. Make sure to check the ‘Enable Level One Alert’ check box.
  2. Press the 'Level 1 Alerts Notification Settings' button.
  3. Configure the Ringtone, Vibration, LED and Instant Preview options as you see fit.
  4. Click the Back arrow in lower left of screen to return to Filter Screen.
  5. Press the ‘Create’ button in the upper right corner to save the new Level One filter.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,929
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to configure - Level 1 Notifications on Z10 - 10.2.1.2122

[ Edited ]

rstricke1 wrote:

Not sure if this is new or i just over-looked it when searching for Level One options previously. Hope this helps those looking for this functionality.

It is new with 10.2.1.xxx, as stated above in message #25

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.