Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10

LiftMaster Homelink App for the z10

Can someone advise when the Homelink App for the Z10 is expected to be available?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: LiftMaster Homelink App for the z10

Is there a HomeLink app for any device? I don't see it on Google Play or in the iOS AppStore.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Disregard. I found it. It doesn't come up when you search for HomeLink. It's a LIftmaster app.

While I don't have a MyQ garage door opener (now I really wish I did--this looks very cool) I did find the app in the Google Play Store for Android, downloaded it, and successfully converted it to a .bar file that the Playbook / Z10 will run. It does run and comes up with a login screen. Since I don't have an account I can't go any further testing it.

If you're interested in it, send me a Private Message with your email address and I'll send you the .bar file with instructions on how to "sideload" the app to your Z10. It's pretty easy and may just give you what you're looking for.

John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

As always, for any apps you want to see made for the Z10 - numbers count. The more of us that contact the developers and ask them for apps for the Z10 (or BB10) the more likely they are to port and android app or make a native app for us.

If you don't contact the developers to let them know you exist.. don't expect to see the app in BB World any time soon. :smileyhappy:

I retweet everything with a #GetWithBB10 hashtag.

If a sideload works, then that's great in the meantime. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
My Device: z10

For all of you looking to utilize the Liftmaster App on your Z10 - drop everything and follow John_Clark advice. When I finally figured out what I was doing (all my fault), the directions offered by John were perfect. Got the app loaded and working. Again, outstanding guidance, patience and direction!! 

Guru I

Great to hear it worked!

For what it's worth, I tried one of the Bluetooth garage door opener options that are out there (totally different than the Liftmaster app) for Android and iOS devices. I converted the app to run on the Z10 but the Android app will not communicate with Bluetooth devices on the Z10 so it won't yet work.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10

Yeah Bluetooth-using apps from Android will not speak to the Z-10 bluetooth stack.  I've run into this as well.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!

[ Edited ]

John;

I willbe in your debt if you could send me Z10 app information.

Kind regards;

Chad, Are you able get the lift master app working on your z10? Please help

I just got gate way and I try to down load the app to z10....I can't even find the app.....can u help