Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Like the phone, loathe the keyboard and autocorrect. Help?

Hey folks.

I've had my Z10 for over a month and, overall, I think it's okay. Love the gesture stuff, am disappointed with the camera (where is touch to focus?!), and am really hating the autocorrect.

If I were to type a sentance such as...

"I don't want to MOVE it because..."

"HE will be there in 15 minutes..."

"TAKES 45 minutes to get there..."

It changes each of those words that I've capitalized. I watch as I'm typing them, I have not made an error, and yet it changes them. It's replacing an English word with another word. So I get...

"I don't want to LOVE it because..."

"BE will be there in 15 minutes..."

"TALES 45 minutes to get there..."

WTF? I was told to clear the learned words, which I did, and yet this type of crazy stuff persists. It's infuriating! Why on Earth would it change these words... 'takes' to 'tales'? Tales isn't even a commonly used word.

I'm about ready to toss this thing and move on. I have owned stock in RIM for a few years and fear where this roller coaster is headed given these strange things. I want to love this phone. I love bits of it... but wow. I'm a bit baffled.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Like the phone, loathe the keyboard and autocorrect. Help?

I suggest reloading your OS using BlackBerry Link. Obviously something is up and reloading your OS should correct it.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I've just done a backup and restore and it has finally allowed the phone to be updated. I was unable to do it from the phone as I kept getting a "software update interrupted" message.

We'll see how the keyboard behaves now.

Any fix to the camera focus? I want 'tap to focus' capability... I was just beneath my car trying to photograph a part # and it refused to focus on the sticker but was instead focusing on other random car parts.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

the focus uses line of sight and sometimes surround areas interfere but i find zooming in helps with this instead of moving camera closer

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Okay. I did an update (as well as a backup and restore) as I said previously and the phone's auto correct continues to be crazy.

I'm typing, "I'll MOVE that up on my priority list" and watch as it corrects MOVE to LOVE.

I backspace, twice, and it reverts to MOVE.

Also, I am currently running software release 10.1.0.273 and yet I continue to get notifications telling me to update... update to, you may have guessed it, 10.1.0.273. When I try to update, like the second I click update, I get an LED notififcation telling me "Your device software couldn't be updated. blah blah blah try again". While the LED notifaction is instant, if I don't check it the phone seems like it's trying to update for a few seconds then says, "software update interrupted". This behaviour is identical pre- and post-back-up/restore.

So, while the reminder to 'update' to the version the phone is currently running is a bit annoying and a lot mind boggling... the auto-correct is just **bleep**. I'm teetering on the edge of giving up on it. Any other suggestions?