Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
rditz
My Device: Blackberry Z10
Accepted Solution

Link 1.1.1.32 sync to Outlook

I have a couple of problems, but the ability to sync my outlook contacts and calendar is greyed out now that I have updated to link 1.1.1.32. phone is at 10.1.0.4181.

I have had a recurring problem where both the phone and link want to upgrade, which i have done several times, but always to the version that it installed previously. 

anyone who has had either of these problems that has some advise, would be appreciated..

thanks

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Link 1.1.1.32 sync to Outlook

rditz wrote:

I have a couple of problems, but the ability to sync my outlook contacts and calendar is greyed out now that I have updated to link 1.1.1.32. phone is at 10.1.0.4181.

I have had a recurring problem where both the phone and link want to upgrade, which i have done several times, but always to the version that it installed previously. 

anyone who has had either of these problems that has some advise, would be appreciated..

thanks

I have exactly the same problems as you do, and on top of that I can not use Link to make backup, even if I use the selective backup, i get the message that there is no data on my phone

In fact Link is a program that should never have existed, they shouldjust have made an update to the old porgram that was used with preBB10 phones and just add the support for the BB10 devices into it, that was already working perfectly and they just messed with it

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
rditz

the backup function from BB to Link is still working for me *just manually did it), but link wants to constantly upgrade my phone to 10.1.0.4181.
i agree, the old software worked and new stuff doesn't

i think that's what they call '"progress"... hahahaha
Contributor
rditz

problem resolved... upon closer look, when I open Link, pick my device and chose Settings, I see that under the Calendar/Contacts section there is a button to configure these. I select it and it remedied the situation... it took a very long time, but it works now..

i also noticed through further settings that this software will do two-way sync between device and computer.

Link still thinks it wants to apply 10.1.0.4181 code to the BB, even though that is the current version on the device...

i hope this helps others.