Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

Link Device Switch just doesn't work!

Hi guys,

Was really excited to get my spanking new Z10 but its been marred with issues ever since I got it! Now the biggest problem for me is the sync. I have a 9700 on OS6 and have been trying to use the device switch to get all the data transferred onto my Z10.

I started device switch and it successfully backs up the 9700 but when I connect the Z10 and start the process there, in 1 second it shows data successfully copied and then gives me a communication error (Failed to read the device backpup types) and then no data has been copied on to my Z10.

This is extremely annoying! Can anyone please help me with this! Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ecosse
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Link Device Switch just doesn't work!

I earlier tried this on a mac and now just used a PC to see if it may work on that. Now I am getting the following error:

Data could not be copied from your device due to the following errors: There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected.

What is going on with BB10?????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DesertThug
My Device: Torch 9800 and BB Z10
My Carrier: Omantel

I'm too having the same problem while upgrading from BB 9800 Torch to BB Z10! All what it says when I hook uo BB Z10 is:

"Data could not be copied to your device due to the following errors:

There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the restore. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."

Can anyone help?

Why can't they just do it right, at least from the start? I mean didn't they test upgrading to BB Z10 from all previous BBs, if yes, then , why this is happening?!

I'm really dissapointed of this and I don't want to do everything manually!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I also had the same issue and am working with Blackberry support directly to resolve this. When a solution is found I'll let you know.

Do you notice if all of the drivers are loading properly, or do some fail to load on Windows?

I had issues with the drivers loading, and I rebooted one time with the device plugged into USB during the reboot and the dirvers loaded properly.

Give that a try...

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
PjL
Contributor
PjL
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

[ Edited ]

Agreed, it doesn't work.

Have tried via a media card.  Copied the "DeviceSwitch" directory to every possible location on the media card and it still doesn't do anything.  I suspect the Z10 is looking for a different directory name than that created on the old phone (Curve 9320 running 7.1).

Have tried the PC transfer, this was worse.  The only thing that transferred was calendar items.  Shame that it stored events from a few years ago to current dates.  It's as if it didn't take the year into account and just loaded old data starting with the current date.

This is incredibly poor programming.  This is my fourth and LAST BB.  I've only had it for a day and after 4 hours of trying to do a simple copy I'm ready to throw it away!  I have no patience left for the company I have supported for the last 6 years.

UPDATE - The Z10 won't read the media card from the Curve as it has a different format.  This is why it doesn't find the DeviceSwitch directory with the data on it. Does anyone actually TEST software they write these days?

Please use plain text.