Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Link Problem

I got my Z10 on the very first day that it was available, and since then I was able to use Link for a backup maybe 2 times, and since we have the capability of sync between Outlook and the Z10 I was able at first to use it and it worked very well, and for the past few weeks I can not even sync between my Z10 and either my Laptop or Computer.

The error that I get is that it has an eror with a database

Can anyoneplease help me with the sync part (and the backup I would be very please but that one I can live without it)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Link Problem

Hey rat-7,

What version of Microsoft Outlook and of BlackBerry Link are you using?

Could you please provide a bit more detail on what happens both when you try to synchronize and when you try to backup your data?

Could you also provide the full error message you see when trying to synchronize? Is this happening when syncing your contacts or your calendar? Could you also provide the full error you receive when backing up?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III
rat-7

FrankieS wrote:

Hey rat-7,

What version of Microsoft Outlook and of BlackBerry Link are you using?

Could you please provide a bit more detail on what happens both when you try to synchronize and when you try to backup your data?

Could you also provide the full error message you see when trying to synchronize? Is this happening when syncing your contacts or your calendar? Could you also provide the full error you receive when backing up?

I look forward to your response.

I am using Outloo 2010 and Link 1.1.1.32 on Windows 7

I plug the phone into the computer using a USB cable, then open Link (because the program does not open itself even if configure to), and then I see in the little bar at the bottom a yellow triangle saying that the SYNC as failed and then a few minutes later I get another yellow triangle saying that the BACKUP as failed

I even tried a few times to select "select data to include in your backup files", all that does is to show a field where I can change the name of the backup, and right below it says that there is no data to backup

Martin
Retired
FrankieS

Hey rat-7

Do you have BlackBerry Link configured to synch content automatically when connected? Do you have an automatic backup configured?

If so, could you please disconnect your BlackBerry smartphone and disable those settings? Then restart BlackBerry Link and reconnect your BlackBerry smartphone and try to backup.

Let me know the results.

-FS

Forums Advisor III
rat-7

FrankieS wrote:

Hey rat-7

Do you have BlackBerry Link configured to synch content automatically when connected? Do you have an automatic backup configured?

If so, could you please disconnect your BlackBerry smartphone and disable those settings? Then restart BlackBerry Link and reconnect your BlackBerry smartphone and try to backup.

Let me know the results.

After about 30 minute after I plug the in the bar at the bottom of Link stopped spinning and after that I pressed BACKUP NOW, and after another 30minute the yellow triangle showed again and the message is : BACKUP DID NOT COMPLETE

I aslo tried the sync of contact/calendar and again the yellow triangle and the message is : SYNC WAS UNSUCCESSFUL

Martin
Retired
FrankieS

Hey rat-7,

Regarding  the issue backing up, can you please try performing a selective backup and leaving out Application Data? Please see the following KB article. "Backup did not complete" is displayed when backing up Application data from a BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB33850

Let me know how it goes.

-FS

Forums Advisor III
rat-7

FrankieS wrote:

Hey rat-7,

Regarding  the issue backing up, can you please try performing a selective backup and leaving out Application Data? Please see the following KB article. "Backup did not complete" is displayed when backing up Application data from a BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB33850

Let me know how it goes.

After another painful wait for the bar to stop spinning,I selected SELECT DATA TO INCLUDE IN YOUR BACKUP FILES, there is a field that appeared  so I could change the name of the backup, and under it there is NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR BACKUP

Martin
Retired
FrankieS

Hey rat-7,

It sounds like your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone may be having difficulty connecting to Blackberry Link in general. Are you able to connect to synchronize any media files or documents in order to test this?

-FS

Forums Advisor III
rat-7

FrankieS wrote:

Hey rat-7,

It sounds like your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone may be having difficulty connecting to Blackberry Link in general. Are you able to connect to synchronize any media files or documents in order to test this?

It does say that the document are synchronize. 

Also the last test you had me do, Link decided to re-install the latest OS for the second time since it came out this week,  I am still waiting for the phone to be usable again (last time it took nearly an hour )

Martin